New Hiding Option : Swingers Discussion 34018
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuggestionsWebsiteNew Hiding Option
TOPIC: New Hiding Option
Created by: Scomax
Original Starting post for this thread:
I think this is a VERY poor Idea. As a lifetime member of this club, I should be able to view any profile available. What would be better is a mail blocking system. I don't send mail to people to who don't want single males, but I should atleast have the option of seeing their profiles. All this new system will do is promote people to FAKE couple/ single female profiles to have the option of seeing them. This starts more problems then it solves, and should be abolished.

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
User Details are only visible to members.
The site was supposed to do searchs both ways, but never did for performance reasons, this is a patch to aid that solution.

As for simply hiding the "invisible" users, we will probably do that soon.

Only paying members can use the new features 100%.

Windsor Locks CT
Username hidden
(12132 posts)
I like the Idea...But I think the "tools" should be available to only the paying members....You know...the bill payers.

Duanesburg NY
Username hidden
(1 post)
WE like the new feature, sorry guys and gals that don't. It is a tool that we CHOSE to use. Notice it is a choice. We understand you make good non sexual friendships but in our case we are not looking for fiends that we are not compatible with. Maybe that;'s shallow but we are all here for a reason and for us that is to find playmates that meet our criteria. To the original posted don't take this personal but if we are not looking for you why would you want to see our profile?

Marion OH
Username hidden
(33 posts)
The new option only affects search/whoson. Mail, Friends, and a search by username will still work.

Windsor Locks CT
Username hidden
(12132 posts)
Also a lifetime member......... and I love this option.

I think this is going to solve a lot of problems such as not wanting emails from a certain type of person or couple.

If people dont use this new option or the block feature, then they dont really have any reason to complain. The tools are there for reason. :)

Kudos to you guys !!

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(14 posts)
I forgot one idea to think about, give people that do chose to block, to add friends that are not blocked, but they have the choice, not the friend.

You know there is always an exception. That way those who do want to block, will not all of a sudden stop there friends from having access to email them, but they have to chose not to block all because they don't have any other way to allow there friends to get access to email them.

Phoenix AZ
Username hidden
(126 posts)
New hiding option is a good idea and a bad idea at the same time.

Good Idea: I rather not see people that are not at all interested in me, but there profile is written in a way that makes me think I might fit what there looking for, I don't like being disappointed so I know right away. Stops picture hoarders that all they want is the picture you have. If all you are here for is just swinging with who you are looking for, you save time on finding what you’re looking for. More friendships possible due to less interaction with those that turn you off from using this site

Bad Idea: Those picture hoarders will now lie about who they are so they can get your pictures. People may write to those liars and that feeds there lie. I have written to people about other things then just swinging or meeting up with them and became good friends with them and nothing personal ever happened and knew nothing ever would, so in a way it is taking away from openness. Less friendships possible due to not being able to talk to some people that may be great people to know, but not attracted to them.

So it is up to everyone to judge if this is for the better or for the worse, just some ideas to think about.

Phoenix AZ
Username hidden
(126 posts)
We'll see what the general membership thinks about it.

The idea is to give everyone a way to have more discretion in who sees them.

I understand your point that as a paid member you should be able to see any profile you want, but what about the other paid members that want a way to hide their profile, shouldn't they have that right?

Windsor Locks CT
Username hidden
(12132 posts)
I think this is a VERY poor Idea. As a lifetime member of this club, I should be able to view any profile available. What would be better is a mail blocking system. I don't send mail to people to who don't want single males, but I should atleast have the option of seeing their profiles. All this new system will do is promote people to FAKE couple/ single female profiles to have the option of seeing them. This starts more problems then it solves, and should be abolished.

Smethport PA
Username hidden
(13 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
TOPIC: New Hiding Option