Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS Suggestions Website Member Interest Levels
TOPIC: Member Interest Levels
Created by: Webmaster
Original Starting post for this thread:
Discuss this new feature here.

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 273   End
User Details are only visible to members.
does an x on a members profile indicate they are not interested in me ?

Albany GA
Username hidden
(2 posts)
opt out of that would be a great member benefit

Allentown PA
Username hidden
(1530 posts)
>How about adding the 'viewed profile' feature

Man, I hope they don't unless you have an option to opt out!

Yeah, it can be an icebreaker, but what if you read a profile and realize "hell no, we do NOT want to meet them!" Next thing you know, you get a message from them saying "Hi, we saw that you read our profile. Want to meet?" AWKWARD!

Columbia MD
Username hidden
(1297 posts)
How about adding the 'viewed profile' feature other sites have? It's good for a subtle 'icebreaker'. : )

Plantation FL
Username hidden
(1 post)
We love this feature! We wanted the ability to hide those we are not interested in and know we would never be interested in so we didn't have to sit through them over and over!. Thank you!!!!

Username hidden
(1 post)
It's a great feature! It would be much more useful, however, with:

1. The ability to search by star rating or minimum star rating 2. The ability to sort searches by star rating, ideally by star rating, then distance

Poolville TX
Username hidden
(1 post)
>that like button on facebook wouldn't be so popular

A "like" button here would just make it easy for lazy people. How many people on Facebook just click "like" for every post someone makes. "I got a new job." Like. "I had a bagel for lunch." Like. " I pooped today." Like. " I tripped and fell down a mineshaft and a rabid flying snake ate my face off." Like. No thought involved.

Be honest... You know that thousands of single guys go through and "like" EVERY DAMN SINGLE FEMALE AND COUPLE PROFILE they find, just to get a hit. They wouldn't read profiles (beyond maybe the main photos) to see if there's a match, they would just click, click, click. You click a hundred times a day, seven days a week, and if anybody writes back, THEN you read their profile and see if there's real interest or a real match. Before anyone bitches that I'm singling out single guys, yes, couples and women would do the same, but let's be honest about who would start flooding the site.

From the other side, can you imagine a hot unicorn getting hit with several hundred "likes" a day? Who has time to respond to, or even look at that many? It all just becomes noise, and they end up ignoring them completely.

Anything worthwhile in life takes some effort, and that includes getting laid.

Now, if SLS has a canned introduction email (like the canned "thanks, but no thanks" responses) that gives you options like "You look interesting. Would you like to chat?" or "Your photos are hot" or "We're in the same area, would you like to meet?" then that might work. It's not much more work than a "like" button, but it at least requires SOME thought and effort.

Columbia MD
Username hidden
(1297 posts)
cburg

like like like

Grosse Pointe MI
Username hidden
(474 posts)
tablefor3, if email was such a good replacement, that like button on facebook wouldn't be so popular

Christiansburg VA
Username hidden
(2 posts)
The member interest level is not sent on to the other user at all. It is used for your purposes only.

Niles MI
Username hidden
(146 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 273   End
TOPIC: Member Interest Levels