Losing some of our messages : Swingers Discussion 39015
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuggestionsWebsiteLosing some of our messages
TOPIC: Losing some of our messages
Created by: like2wish
Original Starting post for this thread:
I know it says that only the recent 100 are shown. But we're missing some meassges. At least one sent just about a week ago (and no way have we sent out 100 notes since then).

We see this when we click on a profile mail history. We see their responses to our notes, but not our notes.

Is the SLS system being slowly eaten away by some virus? Maybe the person we sent the note deleted it, so we can't see it anymore either? Whassup?

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 10 
User Details are only visible to members.
Raid 5 is very slow compared to Raid 0 or raid 1. For optimum performance, a strip set is in order, Raid 0. For optimum fault tolerance, a mirror is in order, Raid 1. for both performance and fault tolerance, you need both Raid 0 and raid 1. That is called Raid 0+1, aka 1+0, aka raid 10. So, what we have is a mirrored strip set, very fast, very fault tolerant, very expensive.

Raid 5 is the best solution when cost is more important than performance. When performance is the number 1 goal, raid 0+1 is the best solution.

Raid 5 is slow all the time, but in the event of a drive failure, performance takes a massive dump. In Raid 0+1, multiple drives can fail without any performance drop.

Regardless of all of that, Drives are not the problem in this case ;-)

Coral Springs FL
Username hidden
(12128 posts)
10 gigs is about right, but that is not the issue. Disk storage is not as cheap as indicated since everything is Ultra Scsi and 15K RPM not to mention raid 0+1 accross 14 drives. Regardless, it is the database servers work at parsing through all those records that is hard work, storing them is easy. We have plans to create an archive of old mail that would not require so much parsing, but this is a major project.

Coral Springs FL
Username hidden
(12128 posts)
We, actually, DON'T see it as a problem at all.

We LIKE the idea that once a message is gotten by someone, they can do what they want with it (we just wish the delete options was permanent).

It isn't an insult to the sender, just a preference by the receiver.

Upland CA
Username hidden
(123 posts)
I would have to agree with like2 on this one. You also have to remember that you're not the person in Florida supporting this equipment or the site. We provide our support through the dollars we pay to become members and webby (in my opinion which I know doesn't mean shit to most others) has provided an extremely nice and useful site at a very good value. They are continuously making improvements on the site to provide more versatility and ease of use to the rest of us members. They will never be able to, and shouldn't be expected, please every single member, paying or not, on this website. It would be an impossible feat. If you have been on here long enough (and I am not sure how long you have been here since I never checked the profile) you would have seen a huge amount of improvements and speed to the website; the entire time while the site continuously grew. I would have to support webby on this matter. Be glad that you actually get to see the complete conversation in the first place because not every site would even go that far. Zo.

Fort Worth TX
Username hidden
(1223 posts)
PLEASE!

Don't challenge the Webmaster. If he/she gets mad, they could send us all back out into the streets with a flick of a switch.

Then we, for one, would have to take up watching all the crap reality TV stuff on the tube instead of enjoying ourselves in here.

Upland CA
Username hidden
(123 posts)
We have well over 10 Million messages in the mail table now. If we kept all mail forever the site would cease to function.

Coral Springs FL
Username hidden
(12128 posts)
That is the case, the receiver has deleted it.

Coral Springs FL
Username hidden
(12128 posts)
We have stumbled upon the same conclusion that Woodscpl3 has voiced...or written I should say.

Houston TX
Username hidden
(771 posts)
Check your opened box, sometimes they don't move to replied when you do reply to a message.

Center Valley PA
Username hidden
(8982 posts)
I know it says that only the recent 100 are shown. But we're missing some meassges. At least one sent just about a week ago (and no way have we sent out 100 notes since then).

We see this when we click on a profile mail history. We see their responses to our notes, but not our notes.

Is the SLS system being slowly eaten away by some virus? Maybe the person we sent the note deleted it, so we can't see it anymore either? Whassup?

Upland CA
Username hidden
(123 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 10 of 10 
TOPIC: Losing some of our messages