Just an idea : Swingers Discussion 211608102
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuggestionsWebsiteJust an idea
TOPIC: Just an idea
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
Start   2 to 8 of 8 
User Details are only visible to members.
but Sardukar, that would move their total actual active and participating membership count from over one million members to just under 100....

lol!!!!

Grosse Pointe MI
Username hidden
(461 posts)
I was talking about the free accounts. Most people open them just out of curiosity. I see no reason to keep free accounts active forever if nobody uses them..I think they can be purged. If people are serous about this they will buy a membership. Free account that is not used for 30 day should go. Good for the system and would improve the search speeds.

New York NY
Username hidden
(328 posts)
The site already works this way. Profiles that have not visited the site for 30 days will not show in the search results.

ProfileReview

Gainesville FL
Username hidden
(1862 posts)
Sorry, what am I missing here?

The search function allows the parameter of removing from the search people who haven't been on for 1, 3, 7, 14 days and 1 month. So just set the parameter to 1 month.

If you want to exclude free members from your search, you can select the "paid" option and do that.

I realize that's not exactly what you want, but really, do you think there's a lot of gain in mailing paid members you don't know who haven't been on in a month?

I've been in a discussion about a similar subject in another thread. Search is never going to get you fantastic meetings. What will get you those meetings is careful reading of a lot of profiles, matching likes and dislikes, getting a feel for the people/person who wrote the profile, and talking to them via email, phone, or in person.

As others have said, not being on for 30 days only means that the person(s) have, for whatever reason, stepped back from coming on SLS. They may return, or they may not. And that's the way with most of the criteria allow you to search. They may help you to thin the herd a bit, but the thinning may exclude almost as many good possibilities as no-so-good ones.

Kitty Hawk NC
Username hidden
(271 posts)
easy then just deactivate the account so it wont show in the search engine..when they visit they will have to reactivate the account to become visible again.

New York NY
Username hidden
(328 posts)
The basic concept has some validity, but the period stated is way too short. Some folks decide for various reasons to "put on hold" their involvement with the lifestyle. Some have medical issues or procedures that might conflict. Some have other "issues" that get in the way. Then they come back.

Having administered a local group, we've seen folks drop off for up to a year or two then come back. An option where they might appear at the bottom of searches until they return might be helpful, but purged after just 30 days would be aggravating.

Newburgh NY
Username hidden
(28 posts)
Free accounts that are not visited for more than 30 days should be purged..

New York NY
Username hidden
(328 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
Start   2 to 8 of 8 
TOPIC: Just an idea