Help for SLS : Swingers Discussion 217385101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuggestionsWebsiteHelp for SLS
TOPIC: Help for SLS
Created by: jwintucaz2
Original Starting post for this thread:
From what I can tell the owners of SLS do not make enough money for this to be a full time job. Because of this when issues come up they can last for days or much longer.

I would love to see them ask for help from the community. I am sure they can find many people on here that can help them out for free just so we can see the site improve.

What do you guys think?

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 5 of 5 
User Details are only visible to members.
Seriously, it's great that people volunteer to help, but if this were your site, would you really want people you don't know and whose abilities you are in the dark about to be accessing your code and "fixing" it?

If the reason for that isn't clear, do you as a member want someone accessing the code and able to write in all sorts of back doors so they can access your pictures and personal information and do with it what they will?

ST

Kitty Hawk NC
Username hidden
(262 posts)
The site is outdated. Yes if they charged for people to be on the site perhaps the money would go into the site. To hire better people in Customer service and Marketing and Tech Support. As it is Dashboard will keep on pimping the Resorts and Travel sides.

Grand Prairie TX
Username hidden
(30 posts)
WARNING: Mostly uninteresting technical stuff follows.

Melvin,

Frames is a way to have pages display within HTML. It was very popular with web designers in the late 1990s because it allowed them to do things in terms of how pages displayed that they couldn't do before. But as things evolved, page designers moved away from frames as less and less helpful to page viewers. However, some very large web sites still use frames. Frames is just a small piece of the problem.

The real problem is the code that makes things happen when users want to do things. Mail, for example, runs off a program or programs. Code can be written in various computer languages (Java is one). I don't know what the programs that work behind the scenes here run on. But that's the real problem, and it's much more difficult and expensive to fix than the HTML. A lot of this could be bought off the shelf and adapted, but that would not be inexpensive.

Removing frames wouldn't take long to fix, but it wouldn't solve any of the problems that people are complaining about on this topic.

Kitty Hawk NC
Username hidden
(262 posts)
My understanding (it certainly isn't written anywhere that I know of) is that the owners of the site pay contractors to do maintenance and improvement. I suspect the code behind the site is old. I look at the HTML, and I know it is old.

If I were a contractor working for the owners, I'd quit if they let anyone but me work on my part of the software or HTML. You can't let just anyone do that or the code would be a disaster in short order.

I'm sure if we were all asked to pay $149 a year instead of for life, the owners could pay for more work. Do we want that?

So, sadly, the site is what it is, but probably meets the needs of most people here.

Kitty Hawk NC
Username hidden
(262 posts)
From what I can tell the owners of SLS do not make enough money for this to be a full time job. Because of this when issues come up they can last for days or much longer.

I would love to see them ask for help from the community. I am sure they can find many people on here that can help them out for free just so we can see the site improve.

What do you guys think?

Fairfax VA
Username hidden
(22 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 5 of 5 
TOPIC: Help for SLS