Group Invite's : Swingers Discussion 222835
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuggestionsWebsiteGroup Invite's
TOPIC: Group Invite's
Created by: JackDarlene
Original Starting post for this thread:
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 6 of 6 
User Details are only visible to members.
I'd just like to see SLS allow us to invite more then 10 people per day. I understand they are not wanting people to get bombarded by emails to join groups, but for some of us that are trying to get our group/club established, it would be far easier if we could invite more people on a daily basis.

Powell TN

Username hidden
(8 posts)
We had issued this couple an invitation to check out the group on 11Sep2011. No further invitations were issued, no further email was sent or received from this cpl. My guess is that the SLS system stores the Initial invitation date FOREVER and uses that as the 'join' date even if several years pass between the invitation and joining the group. Poor Coding!! Naughty, SLS!! No biscuit for you!!

Fairview Heights IL

Username hidden
(775 posts)
To add a specific occasion of showing up as a new member but with an old "Joined group" date:

Today (6/16/2013) when I was sending out our newsletter (member by member because the newsletter function is not available to my group) I came across a member name I was not familiar with. SLS said that the couple had been a member of my group since 9/11/2011! Whoa and Woe! No way!

I have kept a separate database of membership in our group almost from Day 1 when the group was established several years ago. I keep tabs of who joined when and if/when they leave the group. This new couple was not/had not ever been a member of the group before sometime in the past week.

SLS confirmed the situation via the backdoor. I send out newsletters (member by member, remember) about 4 times a month. Today's newsletter was the first since 6/9/2013. The member's mail history had no history! That means that the new member actually joined sometime in the past week -- not nearly 2 years ago. This is obviously screwed up coding and should be easy to fix.

An interesting aspect of this is that SLS only lists group invitations issued in the past 30 days. Presumably they then expire (or maybe they expire after 90 -- hard to tell) but here is a new member who SLS says joined our group nearly 2 years ago. That suggests that the invitation expired, sort of, but when the couple decided, independently it seems, to join they became members with "senority" going back nearly 2 years.

This has been an irritation for a long time but I first commented on it as an input to Jack/Darlene's thread started 17 days ago. Thus far absolutely no response from SLS representatives regarding the issue.

Bob

Saint Charles MO

Username hidden
(24 posts)
It would be nice when you send a group invite to someone it would give them the option right there to accept or decline the group invite. Some people just forget to accept a group invite. But others just are not interested in joining a group. For people who just forget to accept it I think 90 days would be fair until you can send them another one. Or maybe be able to send a mass group invite out to that wouldn't count as an invite to the group so you still have the option to send the 1 invite down the road. Just a few ideas weve had to make it easier for everyone.

Cleveland OH

Username hidden
(36 posts)
Just as strange is that when people do accept an invitation to join our group the "Joined Group" statement seems to reflect when they received the invite, not when they accepted it. There is no way to cross check because by then they have disappeared from the "Invite Members" page. I have had people show up that "joined" 2 or 3 months before their names appear on my group members page.

Bob

Saint Charles MO

Username hidden
(24 posts)
How long does the SLS system retain the record of someone being issued an invitation to check out a Group? I've talked with other SLS members, and know of others, who had received invitations Many Years ago which they were unable to accept. They now are interested, but I can't send them an invitation because the system says that they've already been issued an invite. (!!) People's situations change over time and an invitation that was declined five years ago should not bar someone from being able to receive and accept a new invitation!

Before someone brings it up, I agree that there should be some limit on how often an invitation can be issued to avoid people getting hammered with them. But several years (forever?) seems just a bit over the top.

I've worked around the issue by telling the cpls that we've been talking with how to find the Group on their own. However, the issue remains; How often SHOULD the SLS system allow invitations to be reissued? Weekly? Monthly? Yearly? Once every ten years? Never?

Fairview Heights IL

Username hidden
(775 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 6 of 6 
TOPIC: Group Invite's