Forum Reply or Posting Times in Negative Numbers : Swingers Discussion 207196
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuggestionsWebsiteForum Reply or Posting Times in Negative Numbers
TOPIC: Forum Reply or Posting Times in Negative Numbers
Created by: Scandle
Original Starting post for this thread:
Over the past couple of months, the forum reply/posting times have gone from indicating 0 minutes to -6 minutes, and perhaps will continue to increase in a negative direction. What is the point of this? If there is a perceived need for more specificity, why not apply that programming to responses submitted over an hour ago, up to a full day?

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 6 of 6 
User Details are only visible to members.
OK - I can now see you can delete a post anytime...so much for my computer cred! LOL

It was a good guess?

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
Being new here, I was thinking it had to do with the time you could delete a new post? Now I'm gonna watch and see if the time is always the same "-" or different?

Hmmmm?

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
How hard is it to set a cron job to sync time with an external server?

East Stroudsburg PA
Username hidden
(604 posts)
Would agree with Melvin. As an IT Manager the clocks should be in sync so that diagnostic work can easily happen. With times being off you have to adjust for that in any log file looking which could make things hard. This would especially be the case if you are looking for fraud problems with credit cards etc taken on the site.

Just another thing that SLS doesn't seem to care about even though they are aware of the problem. SLS management needs to take some time and money and fix many of the issues that are happening.

Niles MI
Username hidden
(143 posts)
just a difference between the clocks on the web server to the clocks on the DB server...

I have not felt setting the clocks was a good use of developer time

Margate FL
Username hidden
(67 posts)
Over the past couple of months, the forum reply/posting times have gone from indicating 0 minutes to -6 minutes, and perhaps will continue to increase in a negative direction. What is the point of this? If there is a perceived need for more specificity, why not apply that programming to responses submitted over an hour ago, up to a full day?

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9044 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 6 of 6 
TOPIC: Forum Reply or Posting Times in Negative Numbers