Face pics on Google! WTF : Swingers Discussion 229644
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuggestionsWebsiteFace pics on Google! WTF
TOPIC: Face pics on Google! WTF
Created by: Sheednizm
Original Starting post for this thread:
We were just informed from one of our discrete friends, that they "Googled" city and state and our face pictures showed up, without having to log in and open to the public! These pics were in a "Private" Gallery, NOT a Public Gallery. So we had to remove all of our pictures except 3, just to be on the safe side. There are some people who need to be discreet and this website was supposed to respect that. I would like to know how a Private Gallery was allowed to show up on the internet public, please. ~B~

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
User Details are only visible to members.
If you search google images of our screen name, it will take you to a public picture that we had on another swingers site, where we used the same screen name.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19062 posts)
Googling our screen name will show various forum discussions that we've been involved in, but clicking on the link doesn't take you directly to that specific comment, just the thread itself. This is something I've known about for quite some time and have no problem with.

I just did about a dozen different google image searches with various combinations of words such as "cplofunswingers" "danville, pa" "sls" "swinglifestyle" and "swingers" and didn't get anything back showing any of our profile pics.....public, private, or personal.

Agree with AandK and VA. Either your friends are full of it, or they happened to come across pics that you have hosted on other social networking sites. T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
Your profile name may show up on searches outside of the site (the mini-search) and you have a PUBLIC default picture that shows faces (the Key West picture). The thumbnail of that picture will show in the mini-search. However, non-members of the site cannot click on those links and see anything further without creating an account. You can opt-out of that by going to "Tools" and clicking on "Privacy Features" and then click on the "Exclude Me" link at the very bottom of the screen.

If your friend was logged into the site with their profile at the time and you had given them access to your private pictures, then they would be able to click on the link and see your profile. Once again, non-members would NOT be able to do that and members who do NOT have access to your private pictures would not be able to see them.

ProfileReview

Gainesville FL
Username hidden
(1862 posts)
Are your private pics G-rated, and possibly on a site like flickr or facebook?

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19062 posts)
im calling out your friend... i find it hard to believe that just by googling your city and state that you have SLS photos show up...

i just googled our exact screen name and nothing comes up...

fishy.....

Grosse Pointe MI
Username hidden
(429 posts)
Wow.. hope you find out how that happened.. maybe the site with its problems due to this update and upgrade they did messed more up than they know..

Spring TX
Username hidden
(2179 posts)
We were just informed from one of our discrete friends, that they "Googled" city and state and our face pictures showed up, without having to log in and open to the public! These pics were in a "Private" Gallery, NOT a Public Gallery. So we had to remove all of our pictures except 3, just to be on the safe side. There are some people who need to be discreet and this website was supposed to respect that. I would like to know how a Private Gallery was allowed to show up on the internet public, please. ~B~

Port Clinton OH
Username hidden
(1 post)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
TOPIC: Face pics on Google! WTF