Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS Suggestions Website Events posting on profile
TOPIC: Events posting on profile
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 27   End
User Details are only visible to members.
E, no big deal once they corrected the private event thing, I just believe we should all be able to choose the features we want to appear on our profiles. How many couples would like it if the IM button was always on and you were unable to turn it off? There are dozens of examples of features on the site that you can opt in or out of, I happen to prefer that freedom of choice.

Youngstown OH
Username hidden
(12459 posts)
Yes it's on the list, but not for the entire world, just those who sign up and are thinking of signing up. There is still a degree of privacy in that.

Webmaster stated that they are taking care of it, I'm thankful for that.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17326 posts)
NaN - I agree private shouldn't show up, which I think has now been corrected.

I personally don't see any reason to waste the time to code for the option out, although I think webmaster already indicated they plan to do just that.

If you sign up for a public event, your name and profile already show up on that events list, which is public. So why would it matter at that point that it also shows up on your profile as well?

Seems like much about nothing.

Oh well,

Harmony FL
Username hidden
(192 posts)
How did you know that is what I meant when I said I was trying to get on your "good side".

lol

Youngstown OH
Username hidden
(12459 posts)
Lol

East Stroudsburg PA
Username hidden
(604 posts)
I know, just trying to get on your good side by agreeing with you.

;^D

Youngstown OH
Username hidden
(12459 posts)
Nic I agree. In the 1st post here I also suggested that it be made optional to be viewable to the people other than yourself.

East Stroudsburg PA
Username hidden
(604 posts)
Staying on topic...

All I am suggesting is that not everyone feels as you do so why not make it optional? If you want everyone to know what events you will be attending you should be able to add that to your profile. There are some who prefer not to have that information visible on their profile for whatever reason so why force them?

It really is simple, we call have preferences and it should be the sites mission to accommodate each of us as much as possible, not make sweeping, mandatory revisions.

Youngstown OH
Username hidden
(12459 posts)
TBH to have events posted on profiles was something I had suggested here quite a few years back and am happy t see implemented. I do not know if they built it based on my suggestion nor is it implemented quite how I expected it to be but I am happy they finally did it and hope they improve upon it.

East Stroudsburg PA
Username hidden
(604 posts)
lol...well I guess that's that then!

BTW, if you really want your opinion known, email customer service. They only seem to come to these threads when someone whines and hits the RTM button.

Youngstown OH
Username hidden
(12459 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 27   End
TOPIC: Events posting on profile