Events Posting on Profile : Swingers Discussion 2035871041
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuggestionsWebsiteEvents Posting on Profile
TOPIC: Events Posting on Profile TOPIC LOCKED
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   41 to 50 of 62   End
User Details are only visible to members.
The display of private events should now be fixed, this aspect was not considered and was a mistake on our part. If private events still display, please send an example so we can determine why.

Group events do not currently display in this section.

As for an opt out, we will add this option as well.

Long Island City NY
Username hidden
(12128 posts)
i agree with the private party aspect.... but I still like the public party displays on the main profile page...

and I also agree with the age and weight... :)

Grosse Pointe MI
Username hidden
(443 posts)
They should post actual ages and weights of women.

Tucson AZ
Username hidden
(4489 posts)
Read closer AandK, even PRIVATE events were posted on profiles. Do you agree that is a breach of privacy? As Fun mentioned, if SLS is willing to post private information, what is to stop them from randomly posting your personal email exchanges? Would you be ok with that as well? How about if they started including your home address on your profile? Phone number? Where do you draw the line?

Youngstown OH
Username hidden
(11885 posts)
If I have a "Private" group, there is a reasonable expectation of privacy. The only people in that group are those I personally invited and trust. I may choose to post an event and includes my phone number or address knowing that only people I personally have invited had access to that information.

For SLS to then, without notice, make ALL of that information public and available to anyone on the site is ill-conceived and just plain stupid.

Yes, I can make the Event more generic and email certain information to those I want to but that kinda defeats the purpose of the group page now doesn't it?

Youngstown OH
Username hidden
(11885 posts)
displaying that you are attending a public event that in fact can be seen and found elsewhere on the site does not equate to displaying private email conversations...

please

straw arguement

Grosse Pointe MI
Username hidden
(443 posts)
What if SLS decided for you that your public profile should also display your "Friends" list, or "Who we've been talking to," by listing publicly the recent email contacts you've made? You really couldn't object, since you have "control" over whether you use those functions.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
"that being said, for the paranoid people, it would be a nice option to be able to turn off and on this feature...."

As janscincy said, even information about PRIVATE parties was listed. Not wanting that broadcast to the world is not paranoia, it is quite simply a desire to keep it private, limited to only those who were specifically invited.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(8905 posts)
"Not this time, we don't. The only way we can control what information is put out there about events is to not sign up for events at all. "

so you are saying you have no control over what events you sign up for? again, anything done on this site is done at the direction of the individual profile owner... the site isn't taking your photos and selling them to another website (that i know of)..... if you are signed up for an event, a "stalker" can find you anyway, its not like its hidden, maybe not right on your profile but its out there.....

i don't understand people that are on this site, want to meet people, for the purpose of sex, want to go to parties to meet people, there will be random strange people at theses parties, yet people don't want anyone else that is on this site to know they are going to parties and are looking to meet people?

seems backward to me

that being said, for the paranoid people, it would be a nice option to be able to turn off and on this feature....

Grosse Pointe MI
Username hidden
(443 posts)
"finally: you control all and every bit of information broadcast on this site,"

Not this time, we don't. The only way we can control what information is put out there about events is to not sign up for events at all. That is what we'll need to do until this "feature" is revised to make it possible to opt out.

It is an invitation for stalkers to locate their prey and compromises personal information posted in private groups.

Cincinnati OH
Username hidden
(3963 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   41 to 50 of 62   End
TOPIC: Events Posting on Profile TOPIC LOCKED