Events, by god they are having a PARTY!! : Swingers Discussion 42761
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuggestionsWebsiteEvents, by god they are having a PARTY!!
TOPIC: Events, by god they are having a PARTY!!
Created by: two_fun_4u The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 6 of 6 
User Details are only visible to members.
mesquitecouple69,

Just open the profile of the user that sent you the spam and submit a review on them. I can read your messages (or theirs), so you just need to explain that they are sending an advertisement to your private mail.

Mocksville NC

Username hidden
(1474 posts)
Actually, I have already investigated this and I sent the user a message regarding our advertising policy.

Mocksville NC

Username hidden
(1474 posts)
We do not allow spam on the site and it should be reported to TechSupport.

Coral Springs FL

Username hidden
(12134 posts)
Ahhh, ok now the picture comes clearer. (and hi fellow techies)

I didnt understand the full meaning of your original email, but now it makes sense -- and though we dont suffe from the same issue -- your gripe is 100% fine. I would tend to side that the notifications on the post-logged in hone page would suffice (for those interested) - but thats just me.

You can always reply back to such intrusions "Thanks for spamming us. This spam cost you $75.00 is lost revenue as we wont be attending your event."

(or something along those lines) -- it may make them rethink their 'marketing'.

and too quote Arlo "... and if 4 people do it -- its a movement!"

Good luck. Zig

Frederick MD

Username hidden
(166 posts)
Perhaps this thread would be better suited in one the forums unrelated to this website?

I hope I interpreted your post corectly. In that, registering for an event you submitted your email address to whatever club is hosting the event?

If so, you can only blame yourselves. When you register for ANYTHING on the net - your email is fair game. Regardless of privacy policies or not -- its hard to determine if a company 'sold' your email address to some one else or not -- i doubt the offending firm will fess up to it.

That is why I've gone to lengths to establish an email for EVERY registration process out there I do. So if foo dot com is holding an event i use the email foocom@yahoo dot com (its free!) - that way if i get emails from any other place I know where it originated. (BUSTED!)

The best thing you can do is complain to the web sites host (tricky if you dont know how). If its US based, then you may have some recourse. (like $1500 per occurance in MD)

Ideally, SLS liasions should be able to handle RSVPs here - but that a bit much for SLS as a whole - till then be very frugal with your email.

Zig

Frederick MD

Username hidden
(166 posts)
We'd suggest treating it as you would any other spam mail. Block the sender and delete it.

Sugar Land TX

Username hidden
(771 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 6 of 6 
TOPIC: Events, by god they are having a PARTY!!