Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS Suggestions Website Email notification not working
TOPIC: Email notification not working
Created by: livewirecpl The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
User Details are only visible to members.
This seems to happen frequently to us over the years. I seriously doubt yahoo is a blacklisted server. I think its poor design and the cracks are showing left and right on this site. Sad.

Cleburne TX
Username hidden
(90 posts)
Same problem here too!

North Wales PA
Username hidden
(3 posts)
Some e-mail providers do block mail. Go lookup something like: "Email Blacklist Check - See if your server is blacklisted".

I know for a fact that some large e-mail providers block our e-mails because I have tested it.

However, it seems we are now having some other issue. I have always been able to receive notifications at my Yahoo account and now I am not. This has been reportedto our team.

ProfileReview - Wayne

Gainesville FL
Username hidden
(1862 posts)
Two days ago I set the notification to forward my emails to my Yahoo account. But like everyone here says, it didn't work. I received about 8 emails yesterday and none were forwarded. I notified someone on the technical staff and she said she's sorry, but it seems like some mail providers block email from SLS. That didn't sound right to me. I've been in IT for 20 years and have dealt with email issues for 15 years and never heard one email system blocking another email system. That's like the post office of one town blocks the mail coming from the post office of another town. If such practices were allowed, the entire postal service would cease to exist. Same thing here. Blocking forwarding addresses in the cyber world is anathema to the foundation of Information Technology and communication revolution. But just to test her theory, I changed the forwarding address to my Gmail account yesterday. And still isn't working. I have received 4 emails since the change and not one of those were forwarded. I submit to you that it is impossible for the two biggest email providers to block emails coming from the SLS system. That just can't be. I suggest that the technical staff take a hard look at their configuration and find out what they have set incorrectly, because if this community is to grow, and I want it to grow, the infrastructure has to be sound and dependable.

Silver Spring MD
Username hidden
(1 post)
We haven't received notification of SLS emails in over a year.

Hebron CT
Username hidden
(270 posts)
Same problem here.

Clinton NY
Username hidden
(5 posts)
Yep! It has been somewhat intermittent lately but as you noted, I have not gotten any notifications since early afternoon yesterday.

Youngstown OH
Username hidden
(12139 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
TOPIC: Email notification not working