Click on my account and billing screen opens up : Swingers Discussion 219862
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuggestionsWebsiteClick on my account and billing screen opens up
TOPIC: Click on my account and billing screen opens up
Created by: CTplaycouple
Original Starting post for this thread:
What's with this? Are we going to get billed now for something we already paid for?

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 17   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Yeah, I don't have a problem with the Gift Membership either. Well, other than the fact that a membership to this place would pretty much be the worst gift ever. It'd be like buying a car for your newly licensed teenage driver except the car doesn't have an engine.

GREAT GIFT DAD!!

T

Danville PA

Username hidden
(3199 posts)
"Gift" memberships are fine, but I think the point we've been trying to make here is the screen showing all the membership prices shouldn't be on the My Account page, unless there is an indication of the financial status of the profile's account.

Sheboygan Falls WI

Username hidden
(8744 posts)
i like the idea of "gift" memberships

have used this before when contacted by a free member that we thought were less than sincere, picture hunters, single males, etc.....

"please send us a photo of both of you together holding in a piece of paper with your screen name, in return we will buy you a three month membership to the site"

haven't had one free member take us up on the offer (and please, we are not offering this to every free member, only ones that contact us requesting us to open pics, go to chat, or send emails outside the system)....

Grosse Pointe MI

Username hidden
(426 posts)
Yeah, what he said!

Sheboygan Falls WI

Username hidden
(8744 posts)
Wayne, I actually agree with you but I'm gonna play Devil's Advocate and point out some faults with the way that page is set up:

"I fail to see why anyone would see that screen and think they need to pay again."

Probably because the "My Account" page doesn't say anything about the user's membership status or never having to pay again.

Unfortunately, you have to account for idiots and morons. You, or I, or anyone with a shred of common sense who is already a lifetime member would look at that page and say "I'm already a lifetime member so I don't need to pay again. I'm going to ignore this page." But there's always a small segment of people who will look at it and think that their lifetime membership must have expired and that they need to pay up......again.

I'm not saying that idiots don't deserve the consequences that are a result of their own stupidity (if you're a lifetime member and actually paid again, then you're an idiot), I'm just saying that the owners of the site might want to think about putting a nice little note up there for lifetime members that reassures them that they do not have to pay.

By definition, the "My Account" page should actually give me information about my account, including my membership status and the expiration date of that status. I don't think I've ever gone back to that page since buying a LT membership and probably never would have if it weren't for this thread. But that page should contain all of my account info....username, email, membership status and exp date.

There's that big pink box (hehe, I said pink box) at the top of the "My Account" page that says "You are currently logged on as [username]." Might not be a bad idea to add the membership status and expiration date in there somewhere. So a LT member would see their membership status and an "N/A" or something for the expiration date. Anyone else on any of the other options would see that they are a "Paid Member" with the expiration date of their membership. In it's current format, the "My Account" page is really just a subscription page.

T

Danville PA

Username hidden
(3199 posts)
"I fail to see why anyone would see that screen and think they need to pay again. "

It is entirely possible that an error could be made by a couple who talked about joining as lifetime members but didn't determine who was going to actually do it. Person A signs up, forgets to tell his/her partner, then Person B signs up since the payment screen is still showing up when they click on My Account.

Wayne, does the program catch errors like that, or does it accept the second payment?

Sheboygan Falls WI

Username hidden
(8744 posts)
"Maybe a Lifetime member wants to know what our current rates are so they can tell a friend. If someone wants to buy a gift membership for a friend"

Now why on Gods earth would I pay for a friends membership to a site that has this much trouble with pictures as well as other areas ?

I wouldn't be a friend for long if I did !

Come on Wayne, Think about what you are actually writing here at times !

Philadelphia PA

Username hidden
(2308 posts)
SLSQuality already answered this.

Lifetime members are just that. You never have to pay again, ever! You can go to "Tools" and "View Profile" and it will show you your status. I fail to see why anyone would see that screen and think they need to pay again.

It is for information purposes. Maybe a Lifetime member wants to know what our current rates are so they can tell a friend. If someone wants to buy a gift membership for a friend, they buy it on their profile and then we transfer it to the person they want to gift it to. Lifetime members could never do that because they no longer received the payment screen.

ProfileReview - Wayne

Gainesville FL

Username hidden
(1862 posts)
My jab was more directed to the part of the sentence that states "life of the site"

Hillsdale NY

Username hidden
(44 posts)
Our account page used to display something like this...."You are lifetime members you will never have to pay again for the life of the site".

Perhaps they're trying to tell us something

Hillsdale NY

Username hidden
(44 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 17   End
TOPIC: Click on my account and billing screen opens up