Certifications Should Be Private : Swingers Discussion 35009
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuggestionsWebsiteCertifications Should Be Private
TOPIC: Certifications Should Be Private
Created by: like2wish
Original Starting post for this thread:
The fact that someone is certified should be public (the big green arrow). But what the certs actually say, should be private. Opened like, or at the same time, as private pics. We think it's kind of odd that anyone can check out our certs, and figure out a lot about us (while we still give certs, we've stopped accepting them for this reason). Anyone agree or not?
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
User Details are only visible to members.
If you decline a certification does it stay somewhere on your profile and allow you to accept it at a later date?

Sugar Land TX

Username hidden
(771 posts)
A user mentioned that you can delete certifications that you have left or that another user has left to you. I also wanted to point out that if a user that has left you a certification is removed from the site (by their request or otherwise), all their certifications that they have left will also be removed. This way, certifications always reflect meetings between active members.

Mocksville NC

Username hidden
(1474 posts)
I think it is a good idea. There is another site that we are members of that allow you to be able to hide your certifications. It comes in real handy especially if the person no longer has a profile on the site or with people that you meet and click with in the beginning, but things happen and you no longer click. We don't hide all our certifications but have had reason to hide some of them.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX

Username hidden
(17543 posts)
Okay, we'll revise our suggestion.

How about if members have a "Hide Certifications" option. Those who want certs hidden, can use it. Those who don't, don't.

People will still know that someone is certified.

Upland CA

Username hidden
(123 posts)
The main thing I use certs for are as follows: 1. To let me know that someone from here has actually met the couple/single. 2. To let me know the type of people they usually meet. If you take a look at some of the certifications you can usually get a pretty good idea of the kind of people that they are attracted to and play with. I use it along with the profile to determine whether we have a mutual attraction possible. 3. To see if someone I already know has met them and can tell me more about them.

Fort Worth TX

Username hidden
(1223 posts)
Good points being made. But, realize:

1) Certs HAVE TO BE ACCEPTED by the recievers. So, no one with a BAD cert is really possible unless they aren't paying attention. 2) We didn't suggest that the fact that a person IS certified (which also takes a PAID member) is hidden. And we don't have a problem with how many (the actual number) of Certs a person has, being public.

We just think that WHO certifies, and what they say should be private, unless opened specifically to others.

Upland CA

Username hidden
(123 posts)
I like the open certs myself. Naturally, certs are for the most part 90% positive (or more). I've yet to see "This cpl is scaggy, the lied about their weight, their age and their orientation. Both of them are microwave lovers - 30 seconds and they're done."

Seriously, the certs SHOULD be public. Actually, I'd like to see the ability to deny a cert removed. Right now, the mood I'm in I could write a few negative things about cpls we've tried to hook up with for just an initial meeting. But I won't.

Most of the certs we've read are like " great people", "fun times", "real", "we'd do it again" - kinda of useless really BUT it does show someone took time to let others know of their personal experience with them.

To me, its just another 'feature' of this good site that was an attraction to us. Apparently Mr and Ms Webby are doing something right - seems like this is one of the more successful (and less BS) sites out there. Do certs have something to do with it, I doubt it - but it doesn't seem like it hurts either.

Frederick MD

Username hidden
(166 posts)
The fact that someone is certified should be public (the big green arrow).

But what the certs actually say, should be private. Opened like, or at the same time, as private pics. We think it's kind of odd that anyone can check out our certs, and figure out a lot about us (while we still give certs, we've stopped accepting them for this reason).

Anyone agree or not?

Upland CA

Username hidden
(123 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
TOPIC: Certifications Should Be Private