Block : Swingers Discussion 220294
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuggestionsWebsiteBlock
TOPIC: Block
Created by: Robert_Hil
Original Starting post for this thread:
Ok, I am really thinking that people are abusing your block function.

It is good to have the ability to block harrassing members or those you do not wish to communicate with. But some people seem to use it as a means to speak about others on the forums, without them knowing.

Can we have the ability to see what people post in the forums, so to either defend ourselves or report such abuse? Case in point Fjep.

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 6 of 6 
User Details are only visible to members.
-Blocks are site-wide to include the forums.

This is actually why we were so happy to see the blocks come in.

Too many bullies, too many drama queens, too many sad people desperate for any kind of attention. Block about a dozen people and the forums are a lot less like junior high school.

Granted, we miss out on the endless in jokes and the mutual admiration society, but we're ok with that.

Columbia MD
Username hidden
(1281 posts)
"pardon me if I am wrong, but I think ALL content is displayed on the forum, despite blocks or not

ie: if you have JoeBlow blocked or he has you blocked and he posts on a forum, you will be able to see it...."

Consider yourself pardoned. ;-)

Blocks are site-wide to include the forums. I have the original poster blocked because he's an idiot. He can't see my posts, I can't see his (other than the initial post in this thread since he created it).

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3205 posts)
AandK:

Sadly you are mistaken. I wish it worked as you have said, it should work that way, but it doesn't and it is being abused by those in the politics forum so to be verbally abusive to people who cannot defend their character or respond to statements made about them.

Personally I say the simplest solution is to make the forums public, no matter who you block.

If you wish to test what I have said. You need only block me and then return to this posting to see this massage and any further messages besides the opening message vanish.

This is why you see Seduction4two creating a thread which is initially blank (with only an apostrophe to fill the text to meet the sites minimum text standards for a post)

FYI: To unblock people, Both parties must go to the bottom of their friends list and unblock each other. I make it a point to do this to anyone who blocks me, in the event that they meant to friend me and mistakenly clicked block.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7703 posts)
AandK:

Sadly you are mistaken. I wish it worked as you have said, it should work that way, but it doesn't and it is being abused by those in the politics forum so to be verbally abusive to people who cannot defend their character or respond to statements made about them.

Personally I say the simplest solution is to make the forums public, no matter who you block.

If you wish to test what I have said. You need only block me and then return to this posting to see this massage and any further messages besides the opening message vanish.

This is why you see Seduction4two creating a thread which is initially blank (with only an apostrophe to fill the text to meet the sites minimum text standards for a post)

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7703 posts)
pardon me if I am wrong, but I think ALL content is displayed on the forum, despite blocks or not

ie: if you have JoeBlow blocked or he has you blocked and he posts on a forum, you will be able to see it....

Grosse Pointe MI
Username hidden
(461 posts)
Ok, I am really thinking that people are abusing your block function.

It is good to have the ability to block harrassing members or those you do not wish to communicate with. But some people seem to use it as a means to speak about others on the forums, without them knowing.

Can we have the ability to see what people post in the forums, so to either defend ourselves or report such abuse? Case in point Fjep.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7703 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 6 of 6 
TOPIC: Block