BGCOLOR tag needed on pages : Swingers Discussion 34910101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuggestionsWebsiteBGCOLOR tag needed on pages
TOPIC: BGCOLOR tag needed on pages
Created by: foobar989
Original Starting post for this thread:
I've been meaning to say something about this for a while... People who set their own color schemes on their computers (for instance, using the Windows display control panel) might choose a window background color other than white. I personally like to set it to a shade of very light gray, it's much easier on my eyes than white when I'm doing text editing in certain programs.

Internet explorer has an option to use specified colors for text and background (default=black and white), or they have a "use windows colors" option. Anyway, if the latter is checked and the user has a non-white color scheme, then any web site that uses white graphics overlaid against a blank background will look like a boxy mess of white and gray instead of all-white as the web designers intended.

The fix is mind-bogglingly simple. In the BODY tag of the HTML for the pages (also required for sub frames of pages), you need to add the BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF parameter. Then the pages will render properly, as intended, on every system.

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
User Details are only visible to members.
patogether, yes I am online, you could private chat me if you want. I will be online for about an hour or so, it is almost 9pm PST

Phoenix AZ
Username hidden
(126 posts)
I will be looking forward to seeing Dancing Willy :)

Clifton Heights PA
Username hidden
(242 posts)
Actually, for the side bar, I think it is supposed to be white and gray. The gray is like a curtain from a theater that starts out at the top in one shade and goes down the side.

Fort Worth TX
Username hidden
(1223 posts)
Thank you rangerpsu/Duana, I enjoy compliments, I am taking great effort to add style to my profile. To me, I am expressing who I am in how I make my profile, not just the content, I am working on Dancing Willy next, it will take me a few weeks to complete, I want to make my whole body dance and spin, but it is more work then I first though, I was able to make it, but it was so large, it would take a dialup user here 10 minutes to have my profile open up if I used it, so I have to modify so when I dance it looks good, but not choppy.

Phoenix AZ
Username hidden
(126 posts)
Thanks, WillyT, I was talking about the site in general, not profiles necessarily. For example the left hand navigation bar is white on gray on my system, instead of all white as originally intended by the designer.

Seattle WA
Username hidden
(28 posts)
I just love your profile willyt :) It is so creative. Especially like the wiggling willy. LOL

Duana

Clifton Heights PA
Username hidden
(242 posts)
foobar989 if you take a peek at my profile, you can see that you can set bgcolor and so much more, just have to code it into any of the 4 question windows.

Phoenix AZ
Username hidden
(126 posts)
I've been meaning to say something about this for a while... People who set their own color schemes on their computers (for instance, using the Windows display control panel) might choose a window background color other than white. I personally like to set it to a shade of very light gray, it's much easier on my eyes than white when I'm doing text editing in certain programs.

Internet explorer has an option to use specified colors for text and background (default=black and white), or they have a "use windows colors" option. Anyway, if the latter is checked and the user has a non-white color scheme, then any web site that uses white graphics overlaid against a blank background will look like a boxy mess of white and gray instead of all-white as the web designers intended.

The fix is mind-bogglingly simple. In the BODY tag of the HTML for the pages (also required for sub frames of pages), you need to add the BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF parameter. Then the pages will render properly, as intended, on every system.

Seattle WA
Username hidden
(28 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
TOPIC: BGCOLOR tag needed on pages