Auto logoff is driving me nuts : Swingers Discussion 235773
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuggestionsWebsiteAuto logoff is driving me nuts
TOPIC: Auto logoff is driving me nuts
Created by: Fun_Ahoy
Original Starting post for this thread:
The system used to leave me logged in on my phone until I logged out. Now it logs me out automatically after about a minute or less of inactivity, even if I'm in the process of typing out an email or forum post. Extremely aggravating, especially on a mobile device. 

I understand that some people like the auto logout for their desktop computer after a set period of inactivity. Can those of us who don't like it be given an opt-out setting, or at least the option of setting the interval at something longer? If not, can you at least change the inactivity period to something longer than a minute? I'd suggest 15 minutes or more. 

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
User Details are only visible to members.
Actually, I prefer that the system not do an auto-logoff at all. Most of us are adult enough to log off when we want to without some system doing it for us at intervals Pre-determined by someone else.

If anyone wants to protect against someone else accessing their account (or even seeing that they've visited SLS), they can have their computer go to screensaver after the period of inactivity that suits them, and require their computer password to get beyond the screensaver.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
It's not logging me off ever anymore, even overnight.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19798 posts)
Well I'm not sure it is back to normal. Doesn't seem like we get logged out at all now on the computer. Have left it up several times for an hour or more and it is not logging us out at all.

Niles MI
Username hidden
(143 posts)
It seems to be back to normal now. Thanks.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
for the last several months the site has logged me off at odd times. From my laptop. There have been days I log in make a few fora posts, check emails and be in the middle of typing an email and have the silly thing log me off.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17840 posts)

Fun_Ahoy,

Please let us know if this issue continues overnight.

Thanks

Coral Springs FL
Username hidden
(484 posts)
On my phone, and on my computer, I believe it's 1 hour. I've seen a bunch of people who have this problem - comparatively I am lucky, I guess.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19798 posts)
The system used to leave me logged in on my phone until I logged out. Now it logs me out automatically after about a minute or less of inactivity, even if I'm in the process of typing out an email or forum post. Extremely aggravating, especially on a mobile device. 

I understand that some people like the auto logout for their desktop computer after a set period of inactivity. Can those of us who don't like it be given an opt-out setting, or at least the option of setting the interval at something longer? If not, can you at least change the inactivity period to something longer than a minute? I'd suggest 15 minutes or more. 

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
TOPIC: Auto logoff is driving me nuts