Anyone else here APPROVE PROFILES : Swingers Discussion 34132
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuggestionsWebsiteAnyone else here APPROVE PROFILES
TOPIC: Anyone else here APPROVE PROFILES
Created by: like2wish
Original Starting post for this thread:
We've been able to approve profiles for a week or so. And, it's actually been kinda fun.

The rules seem pretty simple. Newcomers must fill out at least a sentence of the first 3 essay type questions. And, of course, you have to look for anything illegal or against the site rules.

But, guess what? A lot of profles we won't approve, get approved anyway. Lots of them are filled with gibberish. Not simply something we don't personally agree with, but just one word or letter typed over and over again. Many others are approved where the people don't fill out more than 2 of the questions.

So, our question is this. Are we really approving profiles, or are they approved automatically? Or are others out there approving profiles they shouldn't because they don't agree with the site's standards? Has anyone else noticed this?

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
User Details are only visible to members.
One problem could be that too many users can approve profiles, that's great for getting them approved ASAP, but not if the quality suffers.

We plan to start the monitoring soon and will remove that privilege from those that do a bad job. I hope that will ultimately fix the problem.

Coral Springs FL

Username hidden
(12128 posts)
Lately whenever I click to view profiles to approve, I get a list of ones that are still working on thier profile and at the time they have nothing on their profile. I guess all the ones that have been completed have already been approved or denied.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX

Username hidden
(17852 posts)
Thanks Webmaster!

I have had the same question/problem. I enjoy spending time looking at the new profiles, and don't approve the gibberish ones, but it seems that someone else comes along and approves a whole swath of them. I'll be spending time reading each of 20, then after 30 seconds there will be none left, including the bad ones. I'm glad to hear you're working on the problem.

Kirk

Muncie IN

Username hidden
(66 posts)
I am glad to hear that webby, We were getting tired of the mess! Good job!

Brownwood TX

Username hidden
(11437 posts)
If you ever do need a hand in helping you with the site, I would be happy to assist you. I am usually online doing Operating and Web support in chat rooms on Efnet(IRC) so helping you out here to make it a better place would be my honor. I really like the work you have done and more free time for you, means the better you will make this site. I am sure you might have others here that you may pick first, specially Charter and Lifetime members, but I just wanted to let you know the offer is here if you want it Webmasters.

Phoenix AZ

Username hidden
(126 posts)
Yes, you are.

We are now logging profile approvals and within a week or two we will remove that privilege from those that do a bad job of it.

Coral Springs FL

Username hidden
(12128 posts)
We've been able to approve profiles for a week or so. And, it's actually been kinda fun.

The rules seem pretty simple. Newcomers must fill out at least a sentence of the first 3 essay type questions. And, of course, you have to look for anything illegal or against the site rules.

But, guess what? A lot of profles we won't approve, get approved anyway. Lots of them are filled with gibberish. Not simply something we don't personally agree with, but just one word or letter typed over and over again. Many others are approved where the people don't fill out more than 2 of the questions.

So, our question is this. Are we really approving profiles, or are they approved automatically? Or are others out there approving profiles they shouldn't because they don't agree with the site's standards? Has anyone else noticed this?

Upland CA

Username hidden
(123 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
TOPIC: Anyone else here APPROVE PROFILES