Age and identity verification : Swingers Discussion 34180
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuggestionsWebsiteAge and identity verification
TOPIC: Age and identity verification
Created by: willyt
Original Starting post for this thread:
After reading the posting by "hwdfw" I got inspired. I have an idea that can be used in different ways, depending on how the webmaster could use it. Having people scan or take pictures of there identification, like drivers license (address, last name, actual drivers license number can be blocked out by tape) and submit it for only web master viewing and at least one picture per profile, can be private and matches there ID picture.

Possible purposes: 1 A higher degree of proving no minors on the system. 2 Decrease fake people, picture hoarding, and liars. 3 Free users get picture viewing permission by following this process, if they don’t have any pictures for them.

Possible extra benefits like certified users, people that wanted to share the full ID with the webmaster, could then be classed as identity verified.

This is a brief thought I had, I know there are pluses and minuses for this. I am mostly writing this to open a discussion and get others ideas that I missed I know some people just want nothing personal like this on the internet, so there will be some people out here that will be totally against this. So there could be a mail in option. Maybe Charter Members verify local people in there area, or any other ideas anyone here can think of.

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
User Details are only visible to members.
I looked into the verisign thing, they ask for DOB, SSN and drivers license number, thing I don't want to share with anyone, especially not a swingers site.

So, I don't really think many users would want to use it.

Maybe we can add more verification stuff, video recorder, pictures with username and such to extend certification to certification+, provided we get a certain amount or evidence.

Coral Springs FL
Username hidden
(12128 posts)
I would agree that LetsPlayFL's idea of verisign as a much better idea that my driver license idea, less people would complain about that and with it being an optional extra verification, if they don't like it, they don't have to do it.

I also like webmasters idea of having video or photo with SLS, there ID from here, plus "Yes we are over 18" and kept for webmaster and the user that submits and stored in there My Account, "Update Profile" field so it is private. This idea would most likely be liked by more then using verisign.

Verisign idea would to me, is the better of the two ideas, but both are better then my idea, but hey, that is what makes a great discussion and to give more

Phoenix AZ
Username hidden
(126 posts)
I don't know that I'd want to upload my DL, but it would be nice to have some sort of verification process. The "Certified Genuine" helps, but it's easy to abuse. A a few simple e-mail of "You certify me, I'll certify you" breaks some of the trust.

VeriSign is used on ebay. For $5 they securely verify your name and address without needing or using a credit card. I don't think this would be a bad idea if it was optional and the name/address was kept confidential. You could put an icon on a verified member's page, and have a link to click if that member wanted to send that info to another member.

Kirk

Muncie IN
Username hidden
(66 posts)
A drivers license wouldn't work, I don't really want to see them, then someone will acuse me of doing something.

Uploading a video can get on certified, as long as it has both people (for couples) and we can see a face.

We could also certify based on a pic of the user(s) holding a hand written sign with SLS and the username.

Coral Springs FL
Username hidden
(12128 posts)
The only problem with that is we renew our drivers license online and haven't had a new pic taken in years for it. There is a dramatic difference in both of ours because of hair styles.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(17915 posts)
That is why I posted this as a discussion, I can see many reasons some people would not want to do this. That is why I gave the idea of letting webmaster see the information only, or maybe a charter member (I am not exactly sure how a person becomes a charter member, so that is why I included them). Some will say using a credit card is enough, to prevent minors. I know of some minors that have credit cards that there parents let them use. I also don't want to much personal information out on the internet. But there is also people that are out there that are just creepy and all it takes is one sex crime to hurt a person, this idea may not stop it, but it may decrease the chances. Like everything, there are other steps people should follow to keep themselves safe and that is a different discussion that can be talked about in a new forum posting.

If a lot of people are totally against this, it could be a voluntary only, just to give a user an extra verification.

In the world of fake con people, it gives some people just one more way to show they are for real.

I just want people to feel safe, happy, trusting, and enjoy the benefits this open lifestyle gives. Swinging is not just sex, it is a state of mind. True and honest swingers to me is the next step in evolution, you love your partner so much, you're open to share mind, body, and soul with others, but your heart is for your partner.

Phoenix AZ
Username hidden
(126 posts)
Interesting idea, not sure how many would want to do that.

Coral Springs FL
Username hidden
(12128 posts)
Great Idea willyt.

JoAnn

Tucson AZ
Username hidden
(7691 posts)
After reading the posting by "hwdfw" I got inspired. I have an idea that can be used in different ways, depending on how the webmaster could use it. Having people scan or take pictures of there identification, like drivers license (address, last name, actual drivers license number can be blocked out by tape) and submit it for only web master viewing and at least one picture per profile, can be private and matches there ID picture.

Possible purposes: 1 A higher degree of proving no minors on the system. 2 Decrease fake people, picture hoarding, and liars. 3 Free users get picture viewing permission by following this process, if they don’t have any pictures for them.

Possible extra benefits like certified users, people that wanted to share the full ID with the webmaster, could then be classed as identity verified.

This is a brief thought I had, I know there are pluses and minuses for this. I am mostly writing this to open a discussion and get others ideas that I missed I know some people just want nothing personal like this on the internet, so there will be some people out here that will be totally against this. So there could be a mail in option. Maybe Charter Members verify local people in there area, or any other ideas anyone here can think of.

Phoenix AZ
Username hidden
(126 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
TOPIC: Age and identity verification