Accidental Blocking : Swingers Discussion 81182
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuggestionsWebsiteAccidental Blocking
TOPIC: Accidental Blocking
Created by: Pillowtalk215
Original Starting post for this thread:
Someone wrote to us and we meant to flag them as a 'Friend' but it looks like we accidentally blocked them instead! We want to apologize, but they blocked us back!! Any ideas?

We have been blocked by people in the past whom we are pretty sure meant to flag us as friends -- same thing we just did...the 'Friend' button and the 'Block' button should be further apart!

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
 1 to 10 of 46   End
User Details are only visible to members.
There's supposed to be a fail safe to ensure you don't accidentally block anyone now. When you click "block" through mail or directly from their profile, a confirmation screen opens up that not only asks you to confirm that you want to block that person/couple, but it also asks you to provide a reason. You don't actually have to provide a reason why, you could just type a random letter in the box and then submit it and that person would be blocked. But it's there to ensure that you can't accidentally block someone.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
If you block someone by accident, can you unblock them and be able to find them again? This happened to me and I clicked unblock, but I still can't find their profile. It's weird.

Username hidden
(1 post)
"Not a bug in the blocking code"

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to call it a bug, I meant to call it an undocumented feature!

~rofl~

Willingboro NJ
Username hidden
(9310 posts)
Not a bug in the blocking code the old pages were designed to be one click. With no confirmation. Eventually we'll get them all updated to have a confirm page.

Coral Springs FL
Username hidden
(598 posts)
accidents happen all the time.

Destin FL
Username hidden
(14562 posts)
Isn't he practicing in hell now?

-Tig

Lake In The Hills IL
Username hidden
(2340 posts)
Is Johnnie Cochran your lawyer?

Corvallis OR
Username hidden
(582 posts)
Wayne, from my earlier post in this thread:

TheLurkers

Him: Straight , 43 Her: Straight, 40 Actually, there's a bug in the new blocking code! If you click on the "block" link shown in the "who's on" listings, you don't get a chance to confirm, it just blocks!

Unfortunately, the "block" link is right alongside the "friend" link, so I can see this happening quite easily!

Seems like Mr. Wheatley has a little something to look into!

-Lurk

Willingboro NJ
Username hidden
(9310 posts)
"Perhaps, a feature such as a pop-up that says..."You are about to block this user, do you still want to proceed? If so, please press the yes button"...Something like that."

We already have that.

Gainesville FL
Username hidden
(1862 posts)
What if getting that mail may hurt their feelings? Maybe they'd rather not know?

Corvallis OR
Username hidden
(582 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
 1 to 10 of 46   End
TOPIC: Accidental Blocking