Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS Suggestions Website A Map link
TOPIC: A Map link
Created by: centralbuckscpl
Original Starting post for this thread:
How about a link on the profile that shows you where the town or city is located when you're viewing a profile.

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
User Details are only visible to members.
how about this: ht tp://maps. yahoo. com/maps_result?ed=M7tNO.p_0TqT&csz=34953

replacing the last 7 characters with the zip code.

Digi

Jensen Beach FL
Username hidden
(5 posts)
I did some looking and could not find something that did what I would need, if someone find something, let me know. Must work via zipcode or lat/lon

Coral Springs FL
Username hidden
(12135 posts)
The maping and distance are based on zipcode which for most people makes it pretty acurate. We may try to add some mapping stuff, but it would need to map based on the zipcode, not the city for it to be useful.

Coral Springs FL
Username hidden
(12135 posts)
City to city could work out pretty good with minor exceptions to those of us in the bigger city where the center of the city could be 15 miles or further from where our actual location is. For example, someplace like here in Fort Worth would be a problem. Someone could live in Fort Worth but be in a completely different county which would put them at least 30 miles from the city center. As for addresses, I know personally I would not approve of that issue. I don't even give out our home number until we have met the person/couple and decided on whether we clicked or not. We always give out our cell phone number. Privacy, I know at least for those of us with little ones, is extremely important. Again based off our area, 90% of the cell phone numbers in Fort Worth are not even Fort Worth numbers despite their being local. It adds an extra level of privacy and security. Zo

Fort Worth TX
Username hidden
(1223 posts)
Oh, and by "Map" I'm not talking about something with streets showing. Maybe the expensive software is the stuff that shows streets and such. We don't need that...

The Other Site Which Must Not Be Named has a very nice feature where, when you click on the city name, you're shown a blank map of the outline of the state, with a dot indicating the location of that zipcode. That's all that anyone would need. You'd be able to at least see which direction the people live in. For me, that's important because I'd like to know if they're uphill or downhill (I live in the foothills of a mountain range).

Seattle WA
Username hidden
(28 posts)
> The problem is that we either need to > buy very expensive software, or directly > link to mapquest or someone.

Hm. You're obviously using some piece of software to calculate geographical proximity, because this site does that really well. That software doesn't also have a mapping option?

Seattle WA
Username hidden
(28 posts)
Thanks for the reply, we're transplants and sometimes view a profile and haven't a clue where the town is.

Center Valley PA
Username hidden
(9031 posts)
How about a link on the profile that shows you where the town or city is located when you're viewing a profile.

Center Valley PA
Username hidden
(9031 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
TOPIC: A Map link