View who viewed your profile : Swingers Discussion 119199
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuggestionsNew ForumsView who viewed your profile
TOPIC: View who viewed your profile
Created by: jubambd
Original Starting post for this thread:
Just have seen it on dating sites and thought what do people think of it on SLS? JUBAMBD

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
 1 to 10 of 48   End
User Details are only visible to members.
It didn't happen to us, but it did happen to no small number of people. We had the opposite happen - our public ones got moved into our private. While this was simply a hassle and not a breach of our privacy, it still demonstrates that SLS has poor control over such things.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19077 posts)
VaBeach,

I have to agree with you on that. As a business owner I think that SLS would be pretty stupid not to weight the opinions of a customer like yourself who says they hate the idea and think it's creepy more heavily than the opinion of a customer like me who thinks it would be a nice feature. If you were an outlier in your opinion it might be different but I don't think you are.

On the subject of peoples private photos becoming visible, has this happened to you? I have to say that qualifies as a "yikes!" in my book. Maybe even a "holy shit!".

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(115 posts)
Do you like having sales people who won't leave you alone? I don't mind when a salesperson in a store says "Hey, I'm so-and-so, if you have any questions - I'm right here". But ones that follow you around and want to talk to you about every damn thing you lay your eyes on drive me nuts. It gets to the point where I'm being careful about what I even look at for fear they'll engage me on it. Leave me alone.

There's an electronics shop near our house that has great stuff, great prices, but I refuse to ever go there again for this reason. While some may love it, SLS will see a lot of people unhappy with it. Why bring in a feature that will likely piss off at least 1/3 of their membership? And I think that 1/3 will become 3/4 once people start having to deal with the flood of "Saw you checking out our profile" messages.

You think the situation of people ignoring emails is bad now? I'll bet it reaches 95+% if SLS does this. Don't do it SLS. Don't even think about it.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19077 posts)
The vast majority of profiles I click on we are not interested in. I bet we email 1 person for every 200 profile clicks. Do I really want the other 199 to see "vabeachcouple33 viewed your profile"? Fuck no. What purpose does that serve? If I wanted to talk to them I'd email them. I do NOT want "Hi saw you checking out our profile" emails.

As for the site being able to disable the feature - forgive me if I have not a lot of faith in the features on this site being reliable. Having private pics spontaneously visible to all, for instance.

No. No. 1000x no. I notice the majority of those in favor are single guys. If it shows up we're gone, and no doubt many others would follow, and the single guys can all have fun checking out each others profiles and wondering why other dudes are checking them out.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19077 posts)
PG

Really? 9 out of 10? Sigh. I doubt I make the cut.

I have a solution for you though. Find a really hot profile like, say, yours. Then view that every other time. It will bring the average up and save on eye bleach.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(115 posts)
"I recommend that you re-read Vabeachcouple's reply again. I think he speaks for the great majority on here".

OK Stg I re-read it and also all the other replies to the OP. I count 20 favorable and 11 negative replies (including profile review guy's comment on useless data sets as a no).

So let's say you're are in a bar and see someone attractive looking at you and then quickly looking away. Do you do anything about it? Probably not. If you catch them looking a second and third time? Hey, maybe they're interested and it's worth a hello. If you're polite why should they be offended? They were looking right?. If they don't want you to know they're looking they can put on sunglasses and check you out surreptitiously.

If, as suggested, there were a feature to hide the fact that you looked, if you're concerned about someone knowing (sunglasses), then what's the harm in it? Presumably you could set that as a preference and view all profiles in stealth mode.

I really don't see the down side. I like the idea.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(115 posts)
" How often do you view a profile and think "Yikes!"? "

at least 9 times out of 10. 6 out of 10 I wish I had eye bleach on hand.

PG

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17640 posts)
Currentrider,

I recommend that you re-read vabeachcouple's reply again. I think he speaks for the great majority on here.

I'm guessing you don't use the chat feature much. The problem with chat is that all you have for someone chatting is a name. If you want to know how old they are, where they're from, who they're looking for, what they look like, free or paid member, etc. you'll have to look at the profile.

My particular favorite about that is people who have pics on their profile, so chat displays a tiny icon about 4 pixels x 4 pixels. You have to click on their profile to see if they're a couple or a single (you can usually get the sex of singles from their nickname, but not always).

So if I'm chatting for a while, I might view 30 profiles, some of them multiple times.

We were also on a site that had that feature. Turned out to be nothing more than a time-waster.

Everyone wants to know who viewed their profile. No one wants the people whose profiles they viewed to know that they viewed them.

ST

Kitty Hawk NC
Username hidden
(254 posts)
I like the idea.

This feature is on another site I belong to. I see it as just another possible point of connection. And no, I never assume that if someone views my profile they are interested. If, on the other hand they view my profile repeatedly and they look like a possible match, I might be more inclined to contact them. Perhaps they're just a little shy.

I think with the added feature of being able to delete the a record of viewing someone's profile there shouldn't be too much concern about a feature like this. I mean, How often do you view a profile and think "Yikes!"? In that case you can go stealth. Or in the case where you view a profile repeatedly just because you "want to show the wife what dumbass the guy is" (funny post BTW).

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(115 posts)
Like if you shoot a text to a number for the price on a house for sale that you saw on a lawn sign... and then 5 minutes later the agent calls you. Jesus! I was just curious!

I had a friend who was match. com and it showed who viewed your profile. Most of the people she saw, she didn't want to know. And almost EVERY guy she clicked on emailed her shortly afterward. She got tired feeling like the bad guy for not being interested in every damn profile she clicked on.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19077 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
 1 to 10 of 48   End
TOPIC: View who viewed your profile