Party and Event postings in forums - Suggestions : Swingers Discussion 38718
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuggestionsNew ForumsParty and Event postings in forums - Suggestions
TOPIC: Party and Event postings in forums - Suggestions
Created by: Webmaster
Original Starting post for this thread:
We have several post in the forums under events, for events.

Several users have complained about users posting parties and events in that section as 'free advertising'.

I'm not sure why this is a problem since that is the name of the forum, and it seems to me that it should be open to such post so members can find parties to attend.

So, what does everyone think? What change should be made?

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 4 of 4 
User Details are only visible to members.
I keep reading Webmaster's post over and over and need to understand-are you saying that there are complaints that events are being posted under EVENTS?? IF I got that right(and knowing me I don't, lol) then you can you inagine what could be listed under CLUBS?? maybe club listings??LOL Whether it's a house party, F/F pajama party, meet and greet or some swinger's convention isn't it an EVENT? However if he meant that events are showing up under the Forum>General Discussion heading, then pay no mind to what I said, lol. Mrs.

Honolulu HI
Username hidden
(1488 posts)
I can think of one I'm guilty of. A while back I posted about a bike rodeo in Pa. I posted in Pa events and in the open forums. The reason for postin at all was to meet with others who were goin. The reason I posted in open forums is because people come from all over the country to these events, jus like Sturgis or Daytona. There might be some doin partys for profit, but I think 99 percent are jus real people wantin to meet others. Don't think any changes are needed.

Mike

Bedford PA
Username hidden
(5527 posts)
It is not the postings under EVENTS that we have a complaint about. It is the EVENTS posting in other areas masquerading as legitimate post. The first two in the Texas state area this morning qualify. Something as innocuous as "Happy Thanksgiving" but when you open it you get a glib "HT" followined by a description of the next "party" they are hosting, costs, email me for more info. By that standard should I start a thread called "Who Wants to Pop My Top" only to have those teased into following me inside to get a sales pitch for a "Swingers Tupperware Party." We don't uses our SLS or Lifestyle contacts to promote our business, even though some in the Lifestyle might be interested (Don't even ask!), and we didn't become Lifetime Members to get "stealth" Forum Postings and SPAM disguised as SLS email. Curious to see what others think!

Bethpage TN
Username hidden
(1033 posts)
We have several post in the forums under events, for events.

Several users have complained about users posting parties and events in that section as 'free advertising'.

I'm not sure why this is a problem since that is the name of the forum, and it seems to me that it should be open to such post so members can find parties to attend.

So, what does everyone think? What change should be made?

Coral Springs FL
Username hidden
(12128 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 4 of 4 
TOPIC: Party and Event postings in forums - Suggestions