How to make a good profile : Swingers Discussion 35730
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuggestionsNew ForumsHow to make a good profile
TOPIC: How to make a good profile
Created by: Redrod The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 6 of 6 
User Details are only visible to members.
We agree that it's desirable to have at least a few good pictures of the male half of a couple too. Apparently a lot of couples believe that their female half makes better "bait." And the truth is, she usually DOES! LOL

Still, Mrs. Valovers won't agree to meet any new couples without at least seeing a decent picture of the male half so she can decide if there's a snowball's chance that she will find him interesting enough to be worth the time to meet.

South Riding VA

Username hidden
(8172 posts)
When I read someone's Forum posting, I always like to check out their profile while I'm at it, and look at their pictures. One thing that I've noticed is the surprising number of people who have plenty of pictures - even really artsy ones - and yet in not one single picture is their a smile on anyone's face.

I can't help wondering when I view such pictures if the lack of smile denotes a lack of enthusiasm, or a sour personality, or an unhappy person, or what it might mean. One thing it DOES mean for sure though - the picture does not send a message of welcome to the viewer.

If you want more responses, maybe it would be a good idea to feature pictures that show you to be a smiling, happy person or couple with a solid relationship, and who would be easy to approach and get to know. Poker faces or scowls send an instant "don't come here" message, at least to us.

Now smile for the good people, will ya? :-)

South Riding VA

Username hidden
(8172 posts)
Actually, EVERYBODY'S profile should be "a work in progress." We change ours several times a year. Usually it's just a subtle change, but over the years we've been swinging we've dumped most of the rules we had when we started, developed a strong sense of what we DON'T ever want to encounter again, and refined our definition of what we DO like. So we periodically change the profile to reflect those changes in US.

Oh, and yes, the way we LOOK changes over time, too. So we update our pictures once or twice a year, removing the ones that don't look so much like us anymore and replacing them with ones that actually do look like us. Sometimes a picture still looks like us for a couple of years, but we like to swap (pun intended) out our pictures so that couples won't be surprised when they meet us.

So far every couple we've met for dinner or drinks has been able to recognize us from our pictures, so I think we're staying reasonably current. Now if only I could get away with using that picture of me when I was 19, some of you "hotties" might pay me more attention! LOL

I was a HUNK before I became a BLOB! :-)

Jim

South Riding VA

Username hidden
(8172 posts)
KS, nice profile. It gives a clear indication of what you want and like. Our profile also is a working piece. As time goes by and we chat and meet with others, we've refined our profile to better show what we like and don't like.

Lexington KY

Username hidden
(148 posts)
I've noticed that some profiles have the nifty banner scrolling for the tag line, does anyone know how to do that?

Denham Springs LA

Username hidden
(78 posts)
Your profile has about 7 sentences in it. We suggest fleshing it out. Whether you contact people and ask them to look at your profile, or if people searching come across it, that's what they'll remember you for.

Explain who you are, what you want, and what you can do for others. Use complete sentences. Don't be overly chatty, but throwing a few bits of your personality in there won't hurt. Couples have to feel comfortable with a single male before moving along. The more they think they "know" you, the better.

Also check out all the forum posts under "3-Some" and "Swinging Single".

Upland CA

Username hidden
(123 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 6 of 6 
TOPIC: How to make a good profile