What's with free members sending us their emial addresses : Swingers Discussion 192565
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuccessful SwingingFirst ContactWhat's with free members sending us their emial addresses
TOPIC: What's with free members sending us their emial addresses
Created by: Need3rdMetroWest
Original Starting post for this thread:
we've had a handful of free members (we're paid) send us their email addresses asking for more pictures. Is this all a scam?

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
User Details are only visible to members.
We can relate to this as we have a couple that is a free member that has been contacting us since 2010 and its always the same "hey we are free wanna meet?" and when we ask for photos they stop responding then a few months later same type of email, and again we ask for photos and again they stop responding.. this has been going on since Nov 2010!!! can't tell me in 3 years you can't put up any photos!?!?

Sebastian FL
Username hidden
(242 posts)
I made my profile invisible to free members some time ago. Once you have a group of regular playmates you like, you get more selective about meeting new people. Free members too often are wannabes or fakes and not worth the time or trouble.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10769 posts)
We have bounced between free and paid memberships and plan on just buying the lifetime membership shortly, but I do also understand why some people aren't paid members. We don't get a lot of emails and aren't extremely active, but I have more of an issue with profiles that have no information, or those who don't read ours.

Springfield MA
Username hidden
(5 posts)
I don't mind paid and free, sending me a message, I will politely tell them I will not send photos, but when you join get back to us, with a profile and photo. because everyone was either new or trying out , the site.

What I hate is those no photo people, you see me, and that's why you contacted me, so .?

Baldwin NY
Username hidden
(25 posts)
Mrs Sav

GREAT response.

One of our biggest annoyances is this topic. It seems easier for free members to interact on here. But on another site we;re on. Free members, which makes up the majority of the membership can not even read profiles. But they can send the occasional email and communicate using the IM thing.

So we take the time to write a detailed profile with pics and stating exactly what we are looking for only to go on the IM and get bombarded with tons of people that the first thing they ask is "What are you looking for" and "can you send pics?"

So now we're supposed to take our long ass profile and explain it over and over and over to everyone that messages and 9 out of 10 times they're not compatible to begin with.

Thats the main reason we spend more time over here now.

Mount Juliet TN
Username hidden
(663 posts)
My take on free members is this ......

If this is truly a hobby which you wish to enjoy than you need to invest both the time and the money to actually participate. That includes writing a decent profile , posting photos and paying for a membership in order to view and communicate with others. You get what you pay for, you pay nothing You get nothing .

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5277 posts)
question can free members see paid members private photos if we open them for them to see?

Corbin KY
Username hidden
(1 post)
Here are a few thoughts from us.

I dislike having to stop what I'm doing, go to a computer, and log into a website in order to see what someone sent me. My yahoo email is configured right into both my iPad, and my smart phone. A few simple swipes and I can read any email instantly even while on the road.

Secondly, while the IM system on this site is good, I prefer chatting via Yahoo messenger. After all YM is also running on my iPad and smartphone so I can be reached even away from my computer. Interested couples never have to wait to catch us online.

Asking for pictures. Pictures are a funny thing. We always ask for a few g rated pictures because profile pics can be very old or not represent you very well. We specify recent pics if possible. First to be polite, but also women can radically change over night. Some profile pics on this site are proof of that. The wife in one pic being a blue eyed long haired blond, and in the second pic, becoming a short haired brunet with brown eyes and glasses. And yes its the exact same woman. Both me and the wife had occasions when we were both squinting at a profile trying to figure out which of the women was the wife only to realize they were the same woman.

We may purchase an account sometime in future.

C and K

Mount Dora FL
Username hidden
(4 posts)
NO.. it's not necessarilty a scam... Having been a free member for a few months prior to buying a membership, we would exchange emails and share our pix (and ask that they share theirs) via email.

Free members can not see your private gallery or any x rated photos, so sending via email is the only way to see the pix.

With that said... it could be someone trying to scam, but if you feel comfortable with it, its your call. Also, we finally paid for the membership bec. the "pix by email" is a pain and being a member avoids the hassel. So now, we simply dont send via email, and if someone wants to see our pix, they need to join... If they dont have any pix posted, and say they can send via email - we simply decline politely.

Clermont FL
Username hidden
(17 posts)
I'll answer your question if you send me more pictures ;)

You shouldn't send any pictures to an outside email, either they are trying to get your email address or just free members looking for pictures to use somewhere else.

John

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2308 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
TOPIC: What's with free members sending us their emial addresses