Super awkward first meetings : Swingers Discussion 205681104
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuccessful SwingingFirst ContactSuper awkward first meetings
TOPIC: Super awkward first meetings
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   4 to 13 of 13 
User Details are only visible to members.
Thanks Njny....we agree misrepresentation in the profile is a red flag for us but we don't get bummed about it we just walk away. We never take it too seriously so we are never disappointed. Probably a little different for a single lady....not as much of a support mechanism without a partner.

Houston TX
Username hidden
(4 posts)
glens2422, welcome to the forums. totally agree awkward first meetings (at least for me) are when in person, the person or couple are *so* not as presented in the profile.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(2883 posts)
We have had some awkward first meeting but not because of lack of conversation, it's because what was said was different from the profile. If you want someone to respond then ask questions, listen to the answers and go from there. First meetings are only awkward when the chemistry is not right.

Houston TX
Username hidden
(4 posts)
I agree with the earlier poster. Whether couples are seeking other couples or are seeking a prospective solo partner, they should communicate a few times via email, chat and even by voice verifying via phone. It's important to learn a bit about each other's interests and desires and experiences. It makes it much easier to break the ice when a face-to-face meeting occurs. My 1st wife and I always told other couples or singles up front that we'd get the hotel room or host them at our home if we hit it off. We also did everything we could to make it feel like an old-fashioned date. (ie I'd pull out the other wife's chair at dinner, ask her to dance, etc. and my wife would charm the other hubby. That seemed to take much of the pressure off them. We never had what I'd call an awkward experience, only a few non-experiences when we didn't hit it off.

Kennesaw GA
Username hidden
(259 posts)
The driving range? That's a novel approach.

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(8708 posts)
best way to meet the first time is the driving range then maybe grab a bite. Great way to eliminate awkwardness.

Meriden CT
Username hidden
(7 posts)
I have not experienced awkward first meetings, and that's really saying something since I am an introvert. If all else fails, past swing experiences is an obvious and fascinating topic. Also, the ability to talk about sex so openly is one of the great things about swinging. You meet people in the vanilla world, and while you might like to talk about it, you almost never can.

In addition to all the obvious benefits, swinging has helped make me more social and outgoing in general.

Newton MA
Username hidden
(86 posts)
For the two of us, we find it best to chat, text or email a bit before meeting for the first time. I know many don't like to do this but we're not talking about the endless stuff that goes nowhere. Just enough to get to know each other some.

Grant MI
Username hidden
(12 posts)
I fill in the convo gaps with stories from my blockbuster autobiography, 50 Shades of Stoopid.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
Aloha all...

We're newbies and have had 2 "first meetings" so far. Both were in the evening at bars within restaurants. And both were awkward as h*ll. Everyone just kinda sat there looking at each other across the table, not knowing what to say, so we had stilted, somewhat boring conversation.

Does everyone meet for drinks? Does anyone here do anything else for a first meeting? This sitting there staring at each other thing is NOT happening.

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(634 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   4 to 13 of 13 
TOPIC: Super awkward first meetings