Smokers vrs non smokers : Swingers Discussion 180959
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuccessful SwingingFirst ContactSmokers vrs non smokers
TOPIC: Smokers vrs non smokers
Created by: jarheadandbabbs
Original Starting post for this thread:
When non smoker is listed in there profile. Should a smoker ever contact a non smoker.

I find many possible matches except for the smoking thing and no I`m not going to quit..

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
User Details are only visible to members.
to the original post, idon't think anyone expects you to quit. we do however expect others to respect our preferences. i grew up around smokers, so i couldn't care less. kate on the other hand, is actually allergic to tobacco in any form. 10 minutes around it and she starts to lose her voice.

and... i'll just leave that right where it is. ;-)

(no couch for me tonight!)

Orlando FL
Username hidden
(976 posts)
It depends. We both smoke and understand that some non-smokers can tolerate it while others can't. If we look at a profile and the person/couple is non-smoking but doesn't specifically mention in their profile then we still may contact them if we think we really may click with them. And in if we do contact non-smokers, we'll always mention that we do smoke in our email with them and make sure that they don't have a problem with that.

Obviously, if a someone specifically states in their profile that they aren't interested in smokers at all then we leave it alone.

-Tony

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3205 posts)
we have on our profile that although we do not smoke, smokers are ok. I will however say that after one experience with a couple that chain smoked and everything smelled and tasted like smoke I tend to ask a bit more about smoking habits. People who smoke a bit and tend to smoke outside don't bother me much.

PG

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17840 posts)
I think it depends on the smoking habit, too. My husband smokes, but only outside (I have asthma) so that might be ok for someone who doesn't want to be around the smoke, but doesn't have a problem with the general smell or taste. For others, the smell/taste is enough for them to pass. When in doubt, ask. Just because someone doesn't smoke, doesn't mean that they will pass on smokers. One thing though - I usually just avoid someone who expressly has "no smokers" anywhere in their profile. But I won't avoid someone who says "Ok to Smokers" but is themselves a non smoker.

Baltimore MD
Username hidden
(161 posts)
BrownEyedBBW, you said it well! We feel the same way. It isn't a personality issue, we just really don't like the smell of smoke around us. And it makes a difference in how attractive the other party is - for US. There are likely to be others who don't feel as strongly, so I'd say you should go ahead and contact them, asking if smoking is an issue for them. Hopefully they'll be honest and polite in their response.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9178 posts)
I think that different people have different thresholds so its tough to give a blanket answer. Personally, if a smoker contacted me, I would tell them I was not interested.

For me, It's not a personality thing, it's a sensory thing.

I can't stand the smell smokers tend to have on their clothes, kissing them is not that fun and, since I don't like being in the same room as cigarette smoke, one of us has to leave the room when the smoker needs to light up.

I'm sure though that there are non-smokers who don't have that problems that I do. Good luck :)

Lafayette IN
Username hidden
(26 posts)
When non smoker is listed in there profile. Should a smoker ever contact a non smoker.

I find many possible matches except for the smoking thing and no I`m not going to quit..

West Frankfort IL
Username hidden
(25 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 7 of 7 
TOPIC: Smokers vrs non smokers