Requesting proof photos of questionable members : Swingers Discussion 224543
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuccessful SwingingFirst ContactRequesting proof photos of questionable members
TOPIC: Requesting proof photos of questionable members
Created by: seekingfun518
Original Starting post for this thread:
Was wondering if the folks here thought this was an unreasonable request...

We have been in contact with a free member (single girl, with very attractive default pics) who we suspect may be a bogus account. After we originally emailed her, she wrote back asking us to send pics to her personal email account. We declined, suspecting it was a scam...She replied shortly after saying it was the only way for her to see other photos of us, etc, etc.

In the interest of giving her the benefit of the doubt, we wrote back saying that if she were willing to email us a quick picture of herself holding up a piece of paper with today's date written on it, we would know the photos were really of her, and we would give her our (a junk) email address to send it to.

Have not heard back, (probably never will) but were wondering if that was an unreasonable request? We thought it was kind of clever of course, but not sure it would go over well with other people. Thoughts?

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 12   End
User Details are only visible to members.
One safeguard for photos here is to not post or share any explicit photos that also show faces. That way, your face pics could have come from anywhere on line, Facebook, etc. and your explicit photos if copied by someone will just be pics of bodies/parts that can be anyone.

Stamford CT
Username hidden
(50 posts)
For the record, pics shared on the site are no more secure than pics shared via email. You do have the benefit of staying one level "more anonymous" if you choose to be but saving pictures from here is trivially easy if you want to do so.

Make no mistake, this site's pics are no more secure than facebook, if someone has been given access to them.

If you're concerned about someone using your pics elsewhere the only option is not to give them access. But, if you're concerned about that, you're talking to the wrong person anyway.

Herndon VA
Username hidden
(272 posts)
I'm a legit single female and had a free account for quite sometime so the only way I could see pics where if they were emailed. I didn't ask for explicit pics at all just a face shot you may post on Facebook. I would not have been snapping pictures of myself with a dated piece of paper. I have had people ask me to take a pic of myself ritht this instant and send it to them. Of course that always seems to happen when my hair is in a pony tail and my makeup isn't done or has melted off. I understand why you'd ask but I would just go on my way. Pics shared on the site are only slightly more secure than those sent by email a tip from a computer geek.

W Bloomfield MI
Username hidden
(18 posts)
We don't jump through any of hoops to prove we're real. We go to most of the local parties and know many of the serious lifestylers in our area. Unless you have some certs from people we trust, the odds of us meeting up with you are pretty slim. We call BS on anyone that wants to trade pics or chat off sls.

Virginia Beach VA
Username hidden
(313 posts)
I agree with bkr. We haven't had to request verifying photos (yet) since our contacts were all real, but I think most people here are aware of the problems presented by fake profiles. If you explain why you are requesting the kind of pose you mentioned, they shouldn't object. If they do object or don't reply, you have a definite answer. Good luck!

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9041 posts)
Was it weird to ask? No way. I've asked and been asked for "authentication" several times and it just seems logical to me. Anyone on the up and up won't have a problem with it. If they do, they aren't worth your time.

Herndon VA
Username hidden
(272 posts)
I think when you have concerns such as these no it isnt at all. !! I would not be upset, I may think your a little on the paranoid side, but better safe than in the backyard of a serial killer..

Spring TX
Username hidden
(2216 posts)
We are pretty sure it is a bogus account too, but my question was - is it weird to ask someone to send a picture of themselves holding something (like a piece of paper with the date on it) so that we know they aren't using stolen pics?

Doesn't have to be a photo which includes their face, just something to match up against their default profile picture...

Saratoga Springs NY
Username hidden
(33 posts)
a single male.. pic collector.. creepy man just creepy..

Spring TX
Username hidden
(2216 posts)
Sound like a guy collecting pix

New York NY
Username hidden
(183 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 12   End
TOPIC: Requesting proof photos of questionable members