Reading PROFILES : Swingers Discussion 180958101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuccessful SwingingFirst ContactReading PROFILES
TOPIC: Reading PROFILES
Created by: jarheadandbabbs
Original Starting post for this thread:
When reading a profile what imformation are you looking for?

What imformation do you consider is a waist of time?

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 12   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Just to make Nic happy I "updated" my profile...yup sure did. I went in changed nothing and hit "update" . I'm not sure why we bothered writing a profile though as lately all the emails we've received indicate no one reads it lol.

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL

Username hidden
(5239 posts)
I love a profile that grabs our attention and humour is great too. Show us you put some time and rhought into it. It took Mrs naughty several hours to write ours but i love it.

Delta PA

Username hidden
(137 posts)
I would ignore anything that's very subjective, like "hot and sexy couple", or "knows how to please a man", or "very open minded", and concentrate on the information about their experience, their rules, and their particular situation.

Kingsport TN

Username hidden
(151 posts)
I completely agree Nic lol

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL

Username hidden
(5239 posts)
Your profile is "timeless" Mrs. Sav.

;-D

The ones I am referring to have tag lines like "It's snowing again!" or announces they are "Free tonight, Feb 12th" in the middle of August.

Or as I first mentioned, they talk about just getting started but have been a member for 5 years. My impression of a profile that has one or two sentences and looks like it hasn't been updated for months or years says the member isn't serious about meeting people.

Of course, I could be wrong.....nah!

Poland OH

Username hidden
(11885 posts)
Nic,

I simply will not update my profile!!!!!!!!! It captures who we are and our style perfectly. It states everything we need to say and some of the things we want to say. Although we've been accused of writing a book we get far more emails that say "WOW great profile"

My point, updating your profile as needed but only when needed !

:P

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL

Username hidden
(5239 posts)
Here is another thought. Update your profile periodically!

If you have been a member since 2005 and your tagline says, "NEWBIES", I'll pass.

As with any hobby or life experience, things change, people evolve and so should your profile. As was stated, no need to go into explicit detail about your experiences but mentioning how much you enjoyed an MFM (just a random example...lol) gives others an idea what you might like.

Oh and yes, a sense of humor is a big plus....along with hot pics!!

Poland OH

Username hidden
(11885 posts)
This is a good topic. Too bad so few people have posted.

To add to what Mrs D.E. said, we like to see that a lot of thought has gone into your profile. It's a fact of life that the people reading your profile will think about it a lot (or should) before they reply. If you've just dashed off any old thing, be prepared to be misinterpreted, mischaracterized, and ignored.

The first thing we look for is whether we enjoy the same things, play-wise. We don't mind if you don't like the same things as we do, and we won't waste your time. But if you say nothing about what you like, we aren't going to reach out unless the rest of your profile is really good.

We also want to avoid lonely people who want us to share their apparently copious free time with them. Even if we have lots of interests in common, we're not here to share those -- except with people who become very good friends, and then not often. So only list all of your non-swinging interests if you want to attract people to share them, being aware that it will chase more than a few people away.

Finally, if your profile really reflects the fantasy of one spouse while the other spouse knows nothing about it, be aware that you'll be discovered sooner than later, and a meeting will be unlikely.

-ST

Kitty Hawk NC

Username hidden
(244 posts)
I look for:

- grammar, spelling, punctuation, and capitalization. - some description of experience... not gory detail, but are you new or have you been around for a while? - what you are willing to do, interested in doing, etc. - what you are not willing to do. - what you seek in potential playmates. - enough self description to at least get an idea of how you view yourself. - a suggestion of how to contact you and whether I should expect a response. - humor, directness, some sense of style. This is an advertisement, after all. Engage me.

I really do not need: - explicit detail of every encounter... or any encounter. Talking about sex is fun; let's save something for future conversations. - bragging. Don't be too humble, but don't tell me how incredibly awesome your oral performance is. I'll judge for myself, if we get to that point. Please don't tell me that you can give me recommendations, either. If I want those, then I'll read your certifications. - your drama or angst. Yes, I want to know what you want and what you don't want... but don't yell at me over something someone else did. I only have your side of the story and you still look like a jerk.

Mrs.DE

Federal Way WA

Username hidden
(39 posts)
Those who can do and those that can't brag lol. I agree that information like that is useless and really not believable. I also don't want to hear how hot you think you are, a picture is worth a 1000 words so let others judge that for themselves. We don't want to read any negatives either, keep your bad experiences to yourself. For myself I want a profile that is completely filled out, spell checked and is written in complete sentences with enough information to give us an inkling of the personailties behind it. Mrs Sav

Anniston AL

Username hidden
(5239 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 12   End
TOPIC: Reading PROFILES