Phoning before meeting : Swingers Discussion 212205101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuccessful SwingingFirst ContactPhoning before meeting
TOPIC: Phoning before meeting
Created by: MNFun2012
Original Starting post for this thread:
We're still newbies, so I'm asking an etiquette question. Is is ok/expected/mandatory to exchange phone numbers before meeting? In our limited experience, we've gotten phone numbers for texting, and have only called a couple times (asking for permission first) to chat about things that would simply take too much time to text.

We've been going back and forth with a single guy for almost two months now, and feel like we've finally nailed down a date that works for us. However, he hasnt always been great with communication and I'd like to be able to text or call him prior to meeting. We have to get a babysitter, hotel, travel, etc., so it seems reasonable to me that he can talk a bit more directly.

He does seem pleasant and legit, but perhaps doesn't appreciate the planning a couple with kids has to do. Should I go ahead and tell him we need direct communication to commit? Thoughts?

Thanks for any insight,

Mr.

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 16   End
User Details are only visible to members.
We like to talk on the phone before we meet. You can tell a lot from people by the way they talk. My man gives his cell phone number so he is the only one who answers the phone. That way we don't have to worry about me being pestered by a horny guy who pretends he's part of a couple! We found this works well for us.

Lake Hamilton FL
Username hidden
(38 posts)
I haven't done this myself, but I've read somewhere in the Forums that you can set up a new number through google and link it to your cell phone. If things don't work out, you cancel the new number and you're done.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9178 posts)
Maybe buy a cheapo phone with a cheapo pay as you go for playing. This way if you accumulate to many weirdos you don't have to change your personal cell phone.

Hamburg NY
Username hidden
(102 posts)
To each their own I guess, but I would never give out my number to someone I haven't already met. Of course that works because around here there are lots of clubs, meet and greets, other events so in the event you get stood up there are plenty of other people to see/do.

Ms. Magnetite

Dayton OH
Username hidden
(135 posts)
We voice verify with couples we haven't met when setting up a first meeting. We state this in our profile. We've never been stood up. It eliminates the fakes & flakes right away. Some "Couples" we've exchanged a few e-mails and opened pics with suddenly stop contact when we bring up the phone call. Most likely a single guy playing games posing as a couple or married guy who's wife doesn't know what he's doing or isn't willing to try the lifestyle, or she no longer wants to swing & he does.

Princeton NJ
Username hidden
(496 posts)
From what we have seen in the past two weeks, is there are a lot of fake, flake and shy single guys that back out on the very last minute. Right up to the point of meeting. I would be more surprised if your potential playmate showed up then did not. I think many of them are just jerk offs.

Hamburg NY
Username hidden
(102 posts)
We have never seen the need to voice verify before meeting but we also live within walking distance of dozens of bars and restaurants, so if we were to have a no show it wouldn't be the end of the world. If we were going to drive any significant distance to meet someone it would probably be a different story. We do give out our google voice number so they can text us if they're running late or the babysitter didn't show.

Virginia Beach VA
Username hidden
(313 posts)
I have no problem giving out my phone number but I dont like for that to be the first thing ever asked for (meaning prior to any other chat) so that is the only time that I refrain from giving. Otherwise, I agree that it is helpful to have. One time, I had my phone stolen but had a meet scheduled. That was the biggest disaster when I ran into traffic and got there late.

Ypsilanti MI
Username hidden
(2 posts)
I believe that asking for a telephone chat is very sensible - bu either the couple or the SM. I can't think of anything bad as a result of a voice interaction. Only good things like flushing out the fakes...

.... a call out to all SMs; there is a lot of SMs that are very cool...

Hull Canada
Username hidden
(8 posts)
" We have to get a babysitter, hotel, travel, etc.,"

We always have other plans ready in case of a no show.

It WILL happen one day. Don't let it be the first meeting date

New York NY
Username hidden
(183 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 16   End
TOPIC: Phoning before meeting