Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS Successful Swinging First Contact People who don't certify back
TOPIC: People who don't certify back
Created by: smlsml
Original Starting post for this thread:
Here's a new one. We met a couple for a drink. Drinks were nice, but we weren't a good match for anything more. But, here's the thing....

We went back and certified them. They were real and nice (we just didn't hit it off) and we figured that was the right thing to do....they are certified real people that didn't flake out :). But, they won't certify us back. Given we are newer on this site, we'd like people to know that we are also a real couple.

Oh well. Does that happen to others out there?

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
 1 to 10 of 41   End
User Details are only visible to members.
We do not accept certs, or give them. This is stated on our profile.

~N

Daphne AL
Username hidden
(56 posts)
When I cert its not with an expectation of getting one in return, and I always send an email stating if they do not wish to accept our cert for whatever reason, no hard feelings. If they cert back, fine, if not, fine.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(20331 posts)
i've never asked for a cert. i've given certs, with no expectation of return.

i had a SM that i met (only for drinks) ask me to cert him--so i said we'd met for drinks and he had seemed nice.

and yeah i've removed a couple certs that i decided weren't my cuppa tea anymore.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(7036 posts)
I honestly never remember to offer a cert, but wil gladly write one when asked. I don't like certs to contain details about an encounter. It feels icky to kiss and tell to that degree.

LR

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(124 posts)
This is one of those topics where everyone has different rules for different reasons. We have heard many:

Some people do not want to be judged by their certs and will only allow those that they either highly prefer or strongly match up with. Sort of like presenting the range of tastes.

Some people are very private.

Some do not want anyone to think they play with all of their certs.

Some will allow everyone because they are just extra friendly.

Some will allow nearly everyone because it's a status thing for them.

Some only accept picture perfect people that are considered exceptionally attractive by the majority of others. Another status thing.

Some are party holders and want to advertise as much as possible.

Too many to list, but those are all pretty common.

Scottsdale AZ
Username hidden
(333 posts)
we don't accept or give ,,,,,,,,,

Spring TX
Username hidden
(2390 posts)
We only certify a couple before we play with them. We meet with them to see if we like them and if we do and they are what their profile said they were then we give them a cert. In turn we tell them we don't accept certs once there's something to "brag" about. So, our certs are strictly from friends. This avoids kiss n tell situations.

Mill Spring NC
Username hidden
(59 posts)
we've met with a bi couple last year, and we certified them and they accepted it, they never wrote one for us but we didn't mind. we never met them again because of distance between us.

since then he changed his bi status to straight and then deleted our certification we gave them.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2317 posts)
BLT, You hit the nail on the head. It supposed to be about FUN! :D

Emeryville CA
Username hidden
(12224 posts)
I think certification is optional and not a "quid pro quo." Some think it's kissing and telling....it's not, only that the person exists. Frankly, if someone went into a whole bunch of details about our time together I would just decline the cert. I think we should lighten up. This is supposed to be fun.....are we having fun yet (lol)!

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(5694 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
 1 to 10 of 41   End
TOPIC: People who don't certify back