Our first contact pet peeve : Swingers Discussion 159522
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuccessful SwingingFirst ContactOur first contact pet peeve
TOPIC: Our first contact pet peeve
Created by: J_and_M The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 14   End
User Details are only visible to members.
very interesting.... thank you

Jacksonville NC
Username hidden
(7 posts)
Mrs. Sav ~ I agree about having to ask for pics when someone emails us first. It's not a deal breaker or anything ~ and we've certainly forgotten to open pics occassionally ~ but we're very good about attaching a pic of both of us. In fact the one that usually attach is a cool little photoshop deal that shows us together and also has a seperate pic of each of us w/ a full body shot ~ and I put that one together b/c free members can usually see attached pics, but not private pics.

Like I said, not a deal breaker, but it usually makes me think that perhaps they missed out on what the standard etiquette is. Or maybe they are just forgetful. LOL!!

Jackson MS
Username hidden
(494 posts)
My pet peeve is couples who expect us to "get together" who have No Photos at all to share......way too damn old for blind dates.

Pet Peeve #2 are people who write first us asking it they can see our privates before revealing their own photos. On some level they've decided their somewhat attracted by what they've seen so far but don't give us the opportunity to decide if we feel the same.

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5477 posts)
Pitt ... I can see only ur Public pics, which are pleasant. I don't know what the other couple sees when u open ur Private pics, but unless there is something very different in the Privates, that shouldn't make a difference.

I suspect the answer to Ur puzzle is whatever's very different in the "image" presented by ur Public versus your Private Pics. --OR that much more than Ur estimate of 50% are "Looky Lues".

Foley AL
Username hidden
(35 posts)
Pitt ~ it just happens. it's certainly happened to us and while we don't see pics and just stop emailing, if we're not interested, we'll say so. It's just polite. Everyone has their preferences. No big deal. If people can't be polite, don't give them a second thought. Besides ~ YUMMY! ;)

Jackson MS
Username hidden
(494 posts)
PITT ... I can't imagine that anyone would be turned off by your pic's. They look just Fine to me! I'd suspect that perhaps they recognized you and were afraid that you'd recognize them. Neighbors, friends, ex's, co-workers, family, whatever. If you've been in your current location for a long while and have a large circle of friends, co-workers, etc., that could be why. It has happened to us too.

Username hidden
(786 posts)
We've not been here long, but we have two pet peeves about first contact.

The first is the obvious one: People who want to hook up right away, or meet the same night they e-mail us.

The second is a more interesting one: Couples we've exchanged mutual e-mails with and seem to have a connection, who cut us off abruptly (sometimes through blocking) as soon as we grant them access to our personal photos. We understand that it may just be because there is no interest, but from our end of things, we've always allowed couples access to our photos if they've trusted us with theirs, regardless of whether we felt a connection or not...it just seems like the proper thing to do. We're sure that 50% of those who chat with us nicely until they get to see our photos then "vanish" are just picture seekers; but we wonder about the other 50%!

Guess there's not much you can do...but it just seems there are more diplomatic ways to let someone know you're not interested (especially after you've trusted them with face pics)!

Username hidden
(112 posts)
I've learned to look at this from a different perspective:

When you hear from someone who's obviously read your profile, they're usually worth a closer look.

The others: not so much. If they don't bother to read, they're not interested in what you're all about. ShAllow

Charleston WV
Username hidden
(206 posts)
While I agree with the frustration over people not reading your profile, I'm just frustrated over the lack of response from a carefully crafted e-mail. I just wish some would at least dignify my time with a simple response, if not interested. Not a major rant, but it would be nice. We're all big kids, and should be able to say "Interested" or "not interested." Just a wild concept. ;-)

Alpine CA
Username hidden
(16 posts)
WOW i would have to agree with you on that post I believe that is why we take the time to make profiles and type what we are about and what we are interested in finding and all that it says ages, sizes, and all that So you know who you are talking to or what you would like to gain outta it !!......I have to say i hate the fact of endless e mails, andno one responds So i don't get it we all looking to meet no play with cool down to earth females couples and for those of you singles maybe single men is for you but you know wat either way we would like to sometimes chat it up and then pick a day to meet but it seems some people have excuses for first meets ...

Sanatoga PA
Username hidden
(2 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 14   End
TOPIC: Our first contact pet peeve