Help
FORUMS › Successful Swinging › First Contact › No Response to Emails
TOPIC: No_Response_to_Emails
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 12  Next »
21 to 30 of 119
User Details are only visible to members.
@Blonde: I know, right? That's kind of the whole thing with these threads. lol ;-)

And in the spirit of transparency, I just got a note to which I won't respond. It's solely a kik address. Nothing more.....

Spartanburg SC
Username hidden
(221 posts)
Mo , I was just kind of really thinking out loud hon.

Hobbs NM
Username hidden
(63 posts)
You are absolutely right. One wouldn't be, IMO. That was their (the other poster's) word. Your comment is why I stated in my post that by the other poster's response ("intimidation"), I didn't think that they understood the context of the discussion (no response to msgs, vs them not reaching out to start with). I agree with you. One would do what you describe, and "intimidation" (a poor choice of a word, maybe they meant "self-conscious" or something....who knows) would play no part in that.

Spartanburg SC
Username hidden
(221 posts)
I think I'm even more confused now. Female here , hubby doesn't have much time to be on here , I rarely write someone first . However if I do view profiles that catch my eye and if I see they say no BBW or hwp , I respect that and wouldn't write. I'm not intimidated by anyone's pictures and especially if you had written them first , why would they be ???

Hobbs NM
Username hidden
(63 posts)
Yeah I didn't do a good job explaining that. I does read rather silly, doesn't it?

I threw that in b/c as some point in a discussion about all this on some thread somewhere, someone had suggested (I think without understanding the discussion context) that maybe some didn't contact me b/c if they saw how I stressed HWP, etc, and then saw my photos that might show I'm in decent shape, that they would be "intimidated" and not respond. This did'nt make sense to me, as I would only reach out to those to whom I was attracted (HWP, etc.).

So I made that comment to close off that rabbit trail as an explanation. Thanks for asking so that I could clarify. I don't like the way that line read in my earlier post, as it doesn't sound humble either. Sorry.

Spartanburg SC
Username hidden
(221 posts)
"I am pretty particular, so I don't message those who would be intimidated by my photos..."

I don't understand what you mean by that. Can you explain?

Tramp

Alpharetta GA
Username hidden
(5886 posts)
I'm glad that this thread is still active.

I will on occasion go through search SFs and couples, specifying the search to "those looking for SMs." I will look immediately at age height/wt to see if I am interested on that basis. Then I message, opening private photos (not face yet) so that more of my physique is available for their view.

So I *think* (correct me if I'm wrong) that my photos and profile are without problems to at *lease* generate curiosity from a SF or couple looking for SMs. I write that if they like what they see by photo and profile, then ask and we can exchange face photos.

I am pretty particular, so I don't message those who would be intimidated by my photos (I would hope not.), so that reason for no reply is off the table. Yet I still will get no replies, though my message is detailed, polite and in in alignment with my profile writing.

Also, I don't message folks who have not been on the site in the past 30 days. So presumably, their at least somewhat active on SLS.

So I am puzzled by no responses also. I'd get it if they viewed face then declined...no one is everyone's cup of tea. But to no reply at the outset....odd. Either I am missing something, or as someone elsewhere said, perhaps there are more fake profiles that I thought.

This all is an academic discussion (as it's not likely to change), but an intriguing discussion, nonetheless.

Spartanburg SC
Username hidden
(221 posts)
Well I'm glad we aren't the only ones. Was beginning to think something was wrong with our profile. It's especially annoying if they write first. I guess there are rude folks everywhere. Sad !!

Hobbs NM
Username hidden
(63 posts)
Well I'm guilty of that. But here's the thing, if a single guy reaches out with a well thought message, I will respond 100%.

The ones that reach out with "no thought process" (like "hey we should meet"), I'm not going to bother.

If a guy reaches out and from the things he says, he clearly did not read our profile, I'm not going to bother.

If a guy reaches out automatically assuming that it's the female he's writing too (IE: You're beautiful, lets have fun), I'm not going to bother.

Sugar Land TX
Username hidden
(6 posts)
Totally agree

Dallas GA
Username hidden
(3060 posts)
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 12  Next »
21 to 30 of 119
TOPIC: No Response to Emails
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.