No Response to Emails : Swingers Discussion 201502
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuccessful SwingingFirst ContactNo Response to Emails
TOPIC: No Response to Emails
Created by: bruinscouple17
Original Starting post for this thread:
Is it common practice for people to not respond to emails? I personally find it rude to not respond to another persons message, even if its just to say "thanks, but we aren't interested" but we can't even seem to get that out of 80% of our emails. Does anyone else have this same issue and if so, do you feel the same way? I wonder if there is something wrong with our profile, or our pics or if it really just is other people prefer to be rude.

GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 23   End
User Details are only visible to members.
some people are just rude

Maryville TN
Username hidden
(1 post)
You know what? About 3 minutes ago we got an email from someone 300 miles away that said "Hi".

What the fuck does anyone think that warrants any kind of reply. I might as well dial a random phone number and say "Hi".

We answer most emails, but ones that my cat could have written aren't getting one.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18794 posts)
I personally respond to all emails. Even to the one's that I should have never received had the sender actually took the time to read my profile. I do read all of the profiles and if I am not interested I send the thanks for your interest but we are not a match and good luck in your search! You don't even want to know the amount of crappy responses I get from that. It makes me not want to respond to emails any longer, but I do because it is the right thing to do!

Little Rock AR
Username hidden
(978 posts)
Snoocums,

Sort of.

When you click on a message in the sent folder of your mailbox, it will show on the right side when you sent it, when the receiver read it, and when the receiver responded.

However, if the receiver clicked on "display detail" to read the message, it won't show as having being read, in which case you'll never know when or if the receiver read it.

If you're asking whether you can tell if a message sent to you was opened by your account, the answer is yes. It will be in your "opened" folder.

Kitty Hawk NC
Username hidden
(244 posts)
I've only been here a short time and have realized...just deal with it. I was a little surprised at the initial lack of responses, but then I've read the forums, etc and come to realize this is an attraction based activity and some people will not reply because they are not attracted. They have no obligation to reply or they have been chastised by others who did not take rejection well...that's fine by me.

I may send a nicely written email, because I've read a profile, felt some attraction to the pics and profile, did not read "NO SM" anywhere and see they have the bar for Males. That's what I choose to do, it's my effort.

Here's my decision making flow for email: If I get no response in 7 days (read or not) - it's hidden and I never think of it again. (Note the profile so I don't bother them again.)

If I get a "No Thanks" - I reply with a thanks and good luck. (Note the profile so I don't bother them again.)

If I get a "Not what we're looking for" - I reply with a thanks and good luck (Note the profile as a maybe, but don't bother again.)

If I get a positive response - I'll hope we communicate and hit it off, if not...(Note the profile and don't bother them again.)

But that's just me! LOL

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(2271 posts)
Back in the beginning it was "send an email and wait for a response" "Wait, theyre online....why havent they responded its been 2 days?

I honestly dont pay attention now. When we get a dialog going back and forth then I get into it. Otherwise I have no idea who I or we emailed and never give a second thought to it.

The only time I do is when we already have a back and forth going and then they fall off the planet.

People just need to be upfront and honest on here. Thats it plain and simple.

If youre new and shy. Say youre new and shy.

Since we dont have these long stretches of not coming here like we did before we do respond to everyone now.

"Thanks for the message but we're not compatible"

9 out of 10 times it works like a charm.

Mount Juliet TN
Username hidden
(663 posts)
Hell i found an email in our folder yesterday that hadnt been opened or read we sent last october lol. Didnt lose a wink of sleep over it eithier since i had forgotten Mrs. Naughty had sent it. We send emails and dont even bother looking again unless we get a response. most people have way to much stuff going on in thier lives to worry about an email.

Delta PA
Username hidden
(137 posts)
Yup , We've had a few giggles when we are opening up our "privates" ;)

We thought that was the point....laughter and good times. I just had when men are offended when I giggle as they reveal their "privates" .

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5259 posts)
Great post Sav

Though I did get a laugh out of the line "If we contact you our privates are opening immediately" haha

Mount Juliet TN
Username hidden
(663 posts)
"You chat back and forth for a while, seems like a perfect match. Then you get a pic and youre really not into it. What now? You're basically responding, "Sorry, youre ugly, I lost interest"

This is the reason we insist on photos first, if you contact us we expect/demand you see what you look like first, than we will determine whether we have an interest in what you wrote. When we make first contact our privates are opening immediately. This lessen the "Oh hell no" factor. Why would we ever waste time emailing, IMing or anything else before we know if we're attracted?It simply makes no sense whatsoever. We didn't come here looking for cool buddies to flirt with or just hang out . We came to meet like minded people who we found attractive enough to meet for SEX which means if we have zero attraction we have zero interest. Why waste time hiding behind a keyboard when your hope is to bare all in our bed?

I've come to the conclusion if people do not provide face immediately there is a good reason and that reason is NOT that they need to be discreet. This is especially true with single males. Do you seriously think I am going to even bother to respond to your email if you can't be forthcoming with what you offer? BTW that doesn't men the infamous cock shot, eventually they all look alike and I am not impressed by your best friend Mr Penis.

There are a hundred reasons people do not respond to an email but before you start looking at what is wrong with them? You might dig deep into what you wrote or didn't write. Did you meet their qualifications ? Did you attach face photos? Is your profile clear? Informative? well written? Did you send a generic "hey nice profile, we're interested ?"

That check list having been met you will still get a lot of no responses. Look at it like a phone solicitation, just because you have dialed my number doesn't mean I have to answer. Just because you left a message doesn't mean I should return your call if what your are selling I have no interest in. Somehow people "personalize" their contact with an as yet complete stranger and get their feelings hurt. I simply do not get it.

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5259 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 23   End
TOPIC: No Response to Emails