Nice way to say that you're too old : Swingers Discussion 1164671011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuccessful SwingingFirst ContactNice way to say that you're too old
TOPIC: Nice way to say that you're too old
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 19 of 19 
User Details are only visible to members.
We *generally* don't contact those whose age specification falls outside of our present ages, but there are occasions where another couple shares a particular kink with us or otherwise seems like such a perfect match, that we make an exception. And I'll often preface my comment with something like: "We realize that we're a bit out of your state age range, but...", and then I'll try to make a case.

Another thing that comes into play is THEIR ages. If they are near 50 and only go up to 55, we might initiate contact if we appear to be an exceptional match. On the other hand, if they're in their lower 40s, we would most likely not.

Trenton MI
Username hidden
(105 posts)
Sorry, but I must be old fashioned. I wouldn't consider writing to someone whose criteria I didn't meet At best I'd open my picture for someone and hope if they were interested they would contact me. One of the reasons that single males have such a bad rap is that some think they are so exceptional they can ignore stated preferences. If I was part of a couple I might venture an exploratory e-mail if the age preference was fairly close but now that I'm a single, never.

Easton MD
Username hidden
(33 posts)
I have to agree with JackDarlene. Rules are sometimes made to be broken so just because someone says 18-30 or 45-60 does not mean that outside of those ranges is off limits .

Some of my best meetings have been with someone that either didn't fit the type I am usually interested in or I did not fit their mold. Either they or I was interested enough and took a chance at possible rejection and things worked out. In my case I always say I read that they were looking for someone older, younger, thinner,,,,but was interested enough in what else they have to say that I wanted to take the chance and say hello. If I am only interested in how they look rarely is there enough there to get beyond the physical preference.

One couple that had a pretty hard set rule against anyone under 30 was interested enough in my introduction we met and became good friends and were for several years.

Madison AL
Username hidden
(4 posts)
OlGeezer, I'd have to disagree with your "If you put your age preference in your profile and some old coot or couple don't honor your preferences then they are only asking to be rejected." While we generally honor age ranges in a profile, we also know that many use those ranges more as guidelines than as hard rules. It seems to be one of those damned if you do/damned if you don't things, as there's really no way of knowing in advance whether the stated range is etched in stone or is flexible 'for the right people'.

Fairview Heights IL
Username hidden
(789 posts)
I look better in person.

Easton MD
Username hidden
(33 posts)
That picture is priceless.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(5605 posts)
If you put your age preference in your profile and some old coot or couple don't honor your preferences then they are only asking to be rejected. They shouldn't be, and probably won't be, insulted if you come straight out and tell them. Of course it works the other way as well. I would have a real problem clicking with anyone under 40. My preferences tend to run toward those who are experienced, worldly, and can carry on an intelligent conversation. Keep in mind that at our age, us old geezers can only go 3 or 4 times a night so the conversation and social interaction is just as, if not more, important than great sex.

Easton MD
Username hidden
(33 posts)
You don't have to tell them that they're too old. Just send out your standard no thank you letter. You're not interested and that's all you need to say.

Mrs. Voya

Detroit MI
Username hidden
(418 posts)
Hi We. Similar issue on our side but in reverse. I just try to be very polite. "Thanks for the interest; however, we like to stick to our age preferences. Good luck in your search". That's the best we can do and if they take it wrong, i can't help it.

Harrisburg PA
Username hidden
(33 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 19 of 19 
TOPIC: Nice way to say that you're too old