Nice way to say that you're too old : Swingers Discussion 116467
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuccessful SwingingFirst ContactNice way to say that you're too old
TOPIC: Nice way to say that you're too old
Created by: welikeu1n2 The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 19   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Kinda funny this has happed to us twice this week.

Both 50+ and asking us of we wanted to meet for a drink. Not that it is completely off the table age wise, but to send no pics of the 2 of you is a no go.

Either way we don't really meet up with locals. But reading these made me think about it.

Columbia Falls MT
Username hidden
(1 post)
Meanwhile, back in the real world, people who get hung up on age can be knocking themselves out of a great time.

Case in point. I prefer women closer to my age. After years and years of chasing after women who were born in the 1960s, I started saying "fuck it" and playing with women in their 20s and 30s and having fun again. Who knows how much fun I knocked myself out of trying to find chicks into the Eagles and 80s hair bands?

Case in point two. Recently, I hooked up with an ex who is about 50 today. Thing is, if you did not know she was born in 1960, you would swear she is in her late 30s. No hair dye, no special make up, no plastic surgery. She just looks like she is in her mid to late 30s. Good genetics. Her large breasts are firm, her body is tight and great muscle toned and she STILL has the best complexion I ever encountered. She is bi, and also likes anal and does deep throat. Now, if you were hung up on numbers and age, you would be missing out on a fantastic sexual experience there.

Age doesn't tell a lot about a person. I'm 43, but there is a guy in my office all the interns think is 50. H e acts like a grumpy old man, he wears his pants up around his nipples and he dresses and looks like an extra on Ozzie and Harriet. He just turned 30, by the way.

Logan WV
Username hidden
(1022 posts)
I'll go the other way and say that ages should not even be listed at all, let alone an age range preference.

Society as a whole makes FAR too much of that number, and insists on trying to use it as a supplemental form of identification. That's why it is listed on all dating and swinging sites.

When (many) people look at profiles, or even run a search, they are looking at the posted number and allowing that to shape their impression of the people who posted the profile. Automatically rejecting those above or below their own listed range.

And yet.... when these same people meet others on the street, or at clubs, or MnGs, they don't card everyone they talk to. Instead they allow all real attractors to do their thing (body language, confidence, character, appearance, style, personality, range of interests, etc, etc, etc).

But we expect it to be different online. It's strange, to put it lightly.

I used to think that anyone over a certain number would just be unattractive (to me). But experience has shown me the error of that mentality. Likewise, I often get along very well with those older than myself, and have heard more than a few remarks about how I "seem" older (calmer, more worldly, more mature, whichever one prefers).

And I have seen that myself the other way. Generally speaking, I would say that a (legal) teen (18/19), or college girl would likely have no matching interests with me, and we'd be left with nothing to talk about, and nothing to do other than have sex, which is difficult when there's no attraction other than the physical. Yet.... I know more than a few who I was surprised to find were not yet of drinking age (but legal otherwise), were very cool people whom I got along with excellently (and had plenty to talk about, and in common).

Had I seen them on a site like this, I would have ignored them because of that stupid number. Or even they, me, perhaps.

And the other way, I have seen and known many women who are sultry and sexy as hell in their 50s and 60s. While on the other hand, also have seen a few in their 30s that looked like "old women", and weren't so appealing.

Which means, I would never even consider saying someone is "too old" - only that I'm not attracted to them, for whatever reason, which might inclulde _looking_ too old (though I would never actually state that), but yet I might choose to meet someone much older then them right after, so it's not the actual number itself.

We as a collective whole would all just be much happier if we could all just let each other forget about that damnable number, and stop trying to identify people with it, or pigeon-hole them based on it.

Aston PA
Username hidden
(365 posts)
"She did not even know that Vietnam is a country in Southeast Asia. I was like "its a country." blank look. In. Southeast. Asia. Blank look. LOL"

oh cut her some slack, the president the other day didn't know Ft Hood is a post and not a base ;-) and he doesn't have being blonde as an excuse.

PG

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17533 posts)
Confidense and experiance go along way!"

LOL, yes they do! There is a 27 year old girl at my office who cannot figure out for the life of her why some guys would rather flirt with a 38 year old woman rather than herself. It seems that in her mind her blonde hair and blue eyes should cover the fact that the span of her interests are the Vampire Diaries and sex in the city. She did not even know that Vietnam is a country in Southeast Asia. I was like "its a country." blank look. In. Southeast. Asia. Blank look. LOL

San Marcos TX
Username hidden
(23995 posts)
I find its always nice to be polite and reply one way or the other.Hell, SLS even automates it for you all ya have to do is point and click.My biggest problem,seeks to be one or the other in a couple just dosn't measure up{usually the hubby} hot wife,dud hubby.

I tend to try and seek out couples similar in age simply because we will have more in common with our peers. My wife and I have been with younger couples{28 yr old female was the youngest} and had no complaints,in fact she is one of our steady playmates. To you youngsters out there, we old farts have been doing this for a long time and by god we got it down to a science! just something to keep in mind. Younger men seem to flock to my wife,at 53 she's hotter in a lot of ways than she was at 25.Confidense and experiance go along way!

Williamsport PA
Username hidden
(1 post)
I have to wonder how many "Sorry, we're just not compatible" responses have gone out to people that the sender ran into later at a party or somewhere and discovered that they really got along well after all. (You Know that that happens, too.) Given that we're all subject to snap judgments based on available information, and that the profile is a very restricted means of getting ourselves 'out there' for others, this issue is reinvented by every new couple and new generation in the lifestyle. In a perfect world everyone would withold judgment until they'd had some facetime and gotten acquainted enough to really establish whether there's an attraction or not. This isn't a perfect world, so I guess we'll each have to individually stumble along with whatever form of response or non-response works best for each of us. Some of our very best friends are people whom we'd never have expected, based on profiles alone. We're glad that we didn't cut them out of our lives right out of the gate based solely on a profile.

JnD

Username hidden
(789 posts)
I fundamentally disagree. I see no reason whatsoever to come up with a reason. Simply say "I don't think this is going to work out but Thank you very much and good luck to you'. No need to say anything more. We in this lifestyle should not ask for it nor should we volunteer it. Too fat, too skinny, too old, too young, no boobs, no dick...why go there? The best that you can hope for is hurt feelings. Rejection is bad enough...don't make it worse by saying it's because of something they have no control over.

Now if they smell like a dung heap....they deserve it, you gotta tell them.

New Iberia LA
Username hidden
(139 posts)
You people talking about "old coots" will be there someday, my friend......and when you're 50, I promise you, you won't feel, and in many cases, look like an "old coot."

Pensacola FL
Username hidden
(1 post)
My answer would be from swinger evolution. We always look at the age range desired on profiles before making any contact. At sponsored mixers it has been a pleasant surprise how it hasn't been a deal breaker. ~being a old geezer ~ that is.

There isn't really a nice way to call out someones age if that is the only reason.

Butt a simple" thanks but no thanks" or { no reply} is better then a your a friggin fossil you fugly bastard jenny criag has a information with your name on it and Victoria called and suggest that your wife keep it a secret....LMAO

Buford GA
Username hidden
(3335 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 19   End
TOPIC: Nice way to say that you're too old