Ice breakers : Swingers Discussion 171058
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuccessful SwingingFirst ContactIce breakers
TOPIC: Ice breakers
Created by: CRMichigan
Original Starting post for this thread:
I (we) are looking for some advice on ice breakers for us to use to meet other couples. Please dont take this wrong, we are not looking for "pick up" lines or anything like that. A couple weeks ago we made up some pudding shots and took them to a party and they were a great ice breaker and made for a great evening. Does anyone have other similar type ice breakers? We're both shy and laid back, and need help with the initial meet. Thanks in advance..
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 4 of 4 
User Details are only visible to members.
We're...well, we're not necessarily shy, but we don't socialize very easily. Personally, I have a hard time approaching people. I'm a big guy, and rather quiet, but when I approach someone I tend to fill up all available space and loom over them. It's not intentional, and I've tried being very conscious of not doing this, but short of trying to make myself physically smaller (which involves hunching over, and general "closed" body language), there's not much I can do about it.

Couple that with the fact that I'm not very good at small talk, and I can be rather awkward at parties. My usual strategy is to play off of other people's conversations (either my partner's, or a gorup of people I wander into). That way I don't ending up asking about the weather or something.

I do have a real problem with ice breakers, though...anything I say just sounds phony and hollow. I don't know howto proceed after that. It's not that I'm a horrible conversationalist; it's just that I'm no good at the part between meeting someone and getting to the interesting bits of the conversation.

Oakland CA

Username hidden
(84 posts)
We're wall flowers ourselves, but it hasn't really hindered our swinging. We find just dancing, laughing, smiling, conversation, and being polite is about all the ice breaker needed. We're very shy about approaching couples we might like to meet, but we try and make up for it by being accessible and easy to approach. Our suggestion - send out smiles.

Oklahoma City OK

Username hidden
(235 posts)
I am very shy at parties (until you get a couple drinks into me lol but I prefer not drinking because it hits me too hard). It depends on the type of party you are going to but for big groups (i.e. hotel parties) I've designed my own calling card. It's flirty/catchy, has my SLS name for future reference, with a blank line next to the room #____ so all I have to do is be brave enough to hand one over to someone I'm interested in and it usually breaks the ice and then they know where to find me (us) after ;) The next time we went I knew more people and some of the other ladies had designed their own too. :)

Farmington NY

Username hidden
(3 posts)
I (we) are looking for some advice on ice breakers for us to use to meet other couples. Please dont take this wrong, we are not looking for "pick up" lines or anything like that.

A couple weeks ago we made up some pudding shots and took them to a party and they were a great ice breaker and made for a great evening.

Does anyone have other similar type ice breakers? We're both shy and laid back, and need help with the initial meet.

Thanks in advance..

Battle Creek MI

Username hidden
(19 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 4 of 4 
TOPIC: Ice breakers