Hey Newbies, getting yourself a mentor can mean all the world to happy swinging : Swingers Discussion 512341021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuccessful SwingingFirst ContactHey Newbies, getting yourself a mentor can mean all the world to happy swinging
TOPIC: Hey Newbies, getting yourself a mentor can mean all the world to happy swinging
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   21 to 30 of 52   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Hi! We are pretty new to this as well, but so far have been lucky. But am curious, how does one get a mentor??

Hot Springs AR
Username hidden
(32 posts)
I am relatively new to swinging and would like some advise as to making it easier to connect with people as a single male. Any advise would be greatly apreciated.

Helendale CA
Username hidden
(3 posts)
This sounds like a wonderful idea. As I am new to this, I have so many questions, and concerns. Even though my man has been in and out of this for many years, it would be nice to be able to talk to others who have experience in this lifestyle.

~N

Daphne AL
Username hidden
(33 posts)
Our thought has always been to answer any questions new members have. Just seems like the right thing to do. We offer our views and always let them know we aren't "the" answer, just our answer to that question. In doing it that way, we've made some great friends and enjoyed great times. We actually enjoy helping/mentoring new members.

Citrus Heights CA
Username hidden
(3 posts)
We meet a couple over coffee. They are great and I know something will happen in the future. They gave us some great advice and are very down to earth. So excited!

Sacramento CA
Username hidden
(4 posts)
I think having a pen pal situation is good, but I see the benefits of meeting another couple and hanging out with no pressure ....kwim

Sacramento CA
Username hidden
(4 posts)
Nicewife,

Welcome to the forums!

What you expect from a mentor will help you determine how to find one.

Do you just want someone to correspond with? Then an experienced mentor (or a couple) from anywhere will do. Do you want to meet the mentor(s) and play with them? Then you'd want someone local.

Similar interests in sexual play are important. Personalities are important. You're looking for mentors who would make (and have made) the same decisions you'll have to make.

"We are new to this and right now just want to get our feet wet with light play"

Let's use this as an example. An experienced mentor (as you can guess from the above, I'd recommend that a couple mentor another couple) would discuss with you what "light" play is -- what you think it is and what others might think it is. They'd discuss with you what might happen when you or the other couple want to go beyond the original agreement on light play. They'd discuss jealousy and how to avoid or minimize it. They'd discuss how to play safely. They'd discuss what others might expect of you two. And how you should react if others don't seem interested in playing with you a second time, or you aren't interested in playing a second time with them.

If you think about it, some of the best mentoring goes on in these forums.

And remember, there is no one set of rules on how to do things. While mentors can be helpful, they don't have a lock on the truth. Some things you'll ultimately have to figure out for yourselves.

Kitty Hawk NC
Username hidden
(244 posts)
I understand the getting a mentor part. But how do you find one? I have been reading the forums and seeing posts of people who do not want newbies. We are new to this and right now just want to get our feet wet with light play and going to a party to meet other and see what is out there. We feel this is the bonus level to our marriage. We want to make the most of it. But we do not know anyone who would be a mentor. Advice on how to have that mentee/mentor relationship is welcome

Sacramento CA
Username hidden
(4 posts)
We didn't think of it specifically as getting a mentor, but we do specify that we are new and might need patience or make mistakes... and when we selected our first playmate, two of the many reasons were his experience and his expressed willingness to deal with newbies.

Not only has our time with him been incredibly rewarding physically, but he's always willing to answer my questions, no matter how oddball or tedious. So, while he does not wear an official "mentor" badge (maybe I should get him one), he certainly fills the role well... and that has definitely given us a positive introduction to the lifestyle.

In short, getting a mentor (whether you call him/her/them that or not) is a terrific suggestion!

Mrs.DE

Federal Way WA
Username hidden
(39 posts)
Thank you for your input Kat and Fun. It's true - we have been at this a long time and remain optimistic. We believe there must be another sexy couple out there (not to far from home) that share our views. We are definitely not shy!! We'll keep searching. We appreciate the encouragement. :-)

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(2 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   21 to 30 of 52   End
TOPIC: Hey Newbies, getting yourself a mentor can mean all the world to happy swinging