Free members : Swingers Discussion 78017
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuccessful SwingingFirst ContactFree members
TOPIC: Free members
Created by: muffjoy
Original Starting post for this thread:
I have noticed that many people are saying that they would not meet with free members. I wonder why that is? We are a paying member at the moment, but when our subscription is up, we will not have the extra money to re-up. I know it is very cheap, and I agree, but this time around we just don't have it. Are free members a real bad bet? We have met a few free members in person, and have found them wonderful. We still are the same people, but will our inability to pay really affect our chances?

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 37   End
User Details are only visible to members.
It's one of our pet peeves- couples IM us, we answer to read: Will you play with a M alone? Will she meet a M alone? I can meet within the hour." Or something along those lines. Usually from a profile we've never met, messaged, or IMd with before.

We all get those IM requests- but we'd guess SFs get more than couples.

Having said that- most IMs actually do go OK for us- from both paid and free members.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Free members can initiate messages. There is a limit on the number of messages per day that free members can make- either iniitiated or in response. Not sure about IM so maybe they are unlimited...?

I'd guess they see a SF online and jump at the chance. I'd guess some people just just want to IM only- looking for something "right now".

BTW- you're pretty hot for 99. :)

Yes, deleted and reposted to change the first word in the post from "Single' to "Free". Guess I should proofread my posts. :)

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
Just like I promised, my Trial Subscription expired, so I bit the bullet and became a Lifetime Member!

Tyler TX
Username hidden
(70 posts)
I have actually not paid for my membership. Early on I was offered the chance to take a survey, and the reward for doing so was a free month of paid membership. It worked because I do plan on re-upping when my trial is over.

Some sites of different kinds offer a free month or week of paid membership when you sign up. This let's people see what all can be done on the website. When that trial period is up, they are put back to regular member status and they realize all the extras that paid members get.

Tyler TX
Username hidden
(70 posts)
I think a lot of people forget what makes SLS the best swingers web site out there.

It has so many ACTIVE members. The reason it has so many active members is becuase it lets free members contact other members, search profiles, etc...

Most of the other web sites don't allow this and don't have anywhere NEAR as many active members. I say this based on the number of people I have met from this site, compared to the other sites....

Personally I have no problem with free members getting emails, sending emails or so forth and think the number should be increased from just five a day and I am a paid, lifetime member.

Remember the more difficult you make it on newcomers the more the newcomers will give up and go away. Do you really want that if you are intent on swinging? There are plenty of good reasons for a free member to become paid, IE access to private photos, unlimited emails, etc... I would hate to see SLS become like the LESSER web sites that are primarily concerned with just seperating members money from them. Yes SLS is a paying venture, but its success lies with the ease of access necomers recieve. I say this as somebody who has been around here a VERY long time.

Logan WV
Username hidden
(1022 posts)
Its funny that I stumbled upon this thread,I was just going to post a question regarding how people handle "Free " members. My own experience has been that I,ve met some wonderful people that were originally free and then later did get a piad membership,so I,m glad that I didnt block them.However,the past year or so I,ve been hit with a lot of interest and invitations from "Free" members,many with no pics. And they all have pretty much turned out the same, they will make tentative plans, not follow up and then never return your emails or calls. Thus a lot of wasted time! For now,I will not block free members,but they get a LOT less leeway from myself as far as cancellations and such. I realize that cancellations and plans changing are a part of life,but just about every paid member that I,ve chatted with that has had to cancel,has for the most part, been considerate and followed up shortly after. That I can live with and I,ll respect! But as far as the "free" folks go, well, my history with them has been spotty. They just have a little more to prove than the paid members do.Just my 2 cents! Take care....

Rush NY
Username hidden
(3 posts)
They do block free members from getting on. I haven't been able to check my mail on my free profile, which isn't right since I am a paid member. Had I been happier with the service here, I would pay for a membership with that profile but then again, why should I have to since I already have one paid profile.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(18000 posts)
SLS is trying to get people to buy memberships and if they can see private pics honestly people would not have the incentive to pay for memberships. I honestly get annoyed when paid members cannot do things because the site is so full with free members...I think that at a certain capacity free members should be blocked from the site temporarily so that paid members are not inhibited.

Username hidden
(23991 posts)
I have a single female free profile. I already have a paid profile and am not willing to pay for a second one. I can afford it, just not willing to do it. If the people contacting me/or who I contact, are paid members then I just ask them to open up their pics to the paid profile and I open the paid profile pics to them.

I do think it is ridiculous for free members not to be able to see private pics. It should be up to me who I want to see my private pics and not the site.

As far as meeting free members, as long as they have pics on their profile and a well written profile, we have no problem meeting with them.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(18000 posts)
Yeah, the only time I get annoyed is when they say they want me to email pictures because they cannot see them. To me if you can't afford $15 a month you can't party or do much anyways lol.

Username hidden
(23991 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 37   End
TOPIC: Free members