And THIS is why people don't respond to emails : Swingers Discussion 1438161067
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuccessful SwingingFirst ContactAnd THIS is why people don't respond to emails
TOPIC: And THIS is why people don't respond to emails
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Start   67 to 76 of 78   End
User Details are only visible to members.
seduction4 two:

we are with you. we get enough bs emails that eventually you stop caring about being mr. and mrs. polite and trying to "let them down easily" and all that crap. i recently received and email from a couple with no descriptions, no pics and they were not paid and i said no thanks and (nothing more). he responded back by saying: too bad you're not bitter". what the heck did that mean? how stupid. i posted this in another thread and the folks there jumped me for being rude by not responding to all emails. the whole "downfall of manners" speech. i could care less if you respond to our emails. if you do it is icing on the cake but since we have no expectations of other human beings behavior we are rarely let down. we have often emailed people just to compliment them on pics or profile with no desire to meet, maybe due to distance or the like and we tell them there is no intention outside a simple one way compliment. sometimes they respond, sometimes not. no need to for sure. as stated earlier: focus on the positive responses and get busy.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2236 posts)
Like Ive said all along.

It would be so much easier on here if people were more honest in who they are and what they want.

if youre new and nervous......Say it! Nobody is going to jump down your throat.

If youre not sure about going through with an in-person meet.....Say it

If youre talking with a couple or another person and are not feeling an attraction.....SAY IT.

There is NO EXCUSE for a no-call no show. Unless youre in the newspaper the next day.

There is NO EXCUSE other than a legit emergency for a last minute cancel.

Just be honest.

Mount Juliet TN
Username hidden
(663 posts)
We were simply making a suggestion that a good percentage of ppl on SLS appear to have honesty issues in re the "flakes and fakes". I can't imagine any equitable way that one might (or even should) separate one from the other and I really don't want to go there...great way to start a fight! lol Suffice it to say that there are too many people with profiles that provide skewed representations, and that too many ppl on SLS are less than totally honest about themselves. IMHO, of course, and subject to change without notice. (grin)

JnD

Username hidden
(786 posts)
I used to use the word "fake" a lot.

Thats a broad word in this situation.

I think the problem is that people need to be more honest in their profile.

If they are just on here for dirty chat or to fantasize online.....They should make that clear.

If they are "just feeling things out" and are a little shy or unsure about proceeding.......They should say that too.

I think those 2 categories contribute most of the "fakes"

But they are only fakes because they represent themselves as real "ready to go" swingers when really theyre not.

If they would just be honest in conversation, it would be much easier.

Mount Juliet TN
Username hidden
(663 posts)
Well personally you have to expect that everyone doesn't always play by the rules, and in their case stupidity overrides everything else. Everyone in the group is not like them, so take it with a grain of salt, let let it go. Friends an playmates are forever, so have fun.

Charlez

Username hidden
(1 post)
I don't know that a follow-up is necessarily a bad idea... After all, some folks get inundated with e-mail around here and one could get lost in the shuffle. On the other hand, sending two or three follow-up messages is a bit excessive (again, that's just my opinion). I look in the sent file to see if they've read the earlier messages. If they have and still chosen not to reply, then I figure it's their loss, not ours.

I also have to agree with the theory about if they were to clear out the flakes and fakes there'd be damned nearly nobody left around here. Traffic and a user base are a web site's life blood, so doing that sort of thing would be pretty bad for business. ;)

Colorado Springs CO
Username hidden
(35 posts)
NJ ... A non-response IS a response ... they're saying they're not interested or sociable enough to spend a few minutes composing a polite and thoughtful note expressing their appreciation for your interest. Pack it in and move on.

I'd imagine (this is just IMHO, now) that, were the SLS administrators to somehow find and delete all of the game players, cheaters, and wannabees, the membership here would be Decimated. The chances are that Most of the people that you've messaged weren't really swingers anyway...they were more likely playing headgames, or cheating, curious but not serious, or looking for someone to "persuade" their partner. Even if they were serious, would you really want to hook up with someone who would blow you off with so little civility? Just limit yourself to a single expression of interest and move on, leaving the ball in Their court.

JnD

Username hidden
(786 posts)
3 emails is excessive.

No response is also a response.

Personally I prefer that people not respond if they are not interested.

But, I dont like rejection...haha....So a non-response is just fine with me

Mount Juliet TN
Username hidden
(663 posts)
NJ, you send them THREE "courteous anyone home emails?" I say send one and if they don't respond...that is a response. Sending more than that just looks desperate in my opinion...which may not be worth much lol

Good luck!

K

Oklahoma City OK
Username hidden
(389 posts)
We had a similar experience that came in the form of an IM on SLS. The guy was an ass and obviously pretty desparate to find some booty. He was one of these "let's fuck right now" types. Pretty clear he didn't bother to read our profile.

We've turned down several people since then without a negative response. I would like to think your experience is an isolated one and I sure hope you don't use it as an excuse to not return emails. Most here are good people who deserve your response.

Charleston WV
Username hidden
(206 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Start   67 to 76 of 78   End
TOPIC: And THIS is why people don't respond to emails