And THIS is why people don't respond to emails : Swingers Discussion 1438161031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuccessful SwingingFirst ContactAnd THIS is why people don't respond to emails
TOPIC: And THIS is why people don't respond to emails
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   31 to 40 of 63   End
User Details are only visible to members.
even tougher: responding to a second email where the original emailer opened their pics after a request.... a rejection at that point only says one thing: "you're butt ugly"

we appreciate it when people first contact us to have a face pic opened, we hate getting an enticing email, reading the profile and finding compatibility, but they don't include a face pic, then we have to ask, and there are times the faces just don't do it for us.... and then we really hate sending a rejection... cause it's hard to lie at that point.....

Grosse Pointe MI

Username hidden
(416 posts)
The original post, Pittcouple, and others all tell a familiar story that speaks to the lack of respect people show. Given the environment we have become believers that no reply is a reply and we accept the same in return. We have people that don't even read the first line of our profile and expect to have more of our time and do the reading for them. In our opinion, respect gets respect, reading and showing interest in a profile should get same. Here's to hoping for more civility, few judgements, and better profiles!

Oklahoma City OK

Username hidden
(235 posts)
Sorry about the last post. I guess I had more wine then I thought. Fun times, have a great week- end

Sacramento CA

Username hidden
(38 posts)
I get turn down very often, either with no respones or no thanks. The way I look at they just don't want to hang out, to fiends or other wise. So I move on If I have emailed yo more then once, I'm sorry want happen again. Want people to hang out with me for me. Thank you to all that's up front.

Sacramento CA

Username hidden
(38 posts)
We don't want this to turn into a diatribe by us on bad introductions, but we had another one today...we e-mailed a newer couple close to us and said hello, and we got a reply back that said roughly (after their end looked at our profile and saw that we don't play without condoms and that we like to establish a friendship with the couples we play with) that "condoms are for newbies only" and "no one in this lifestyle wants to become friends...they just want to fuck each other's wives".

Well, how nice! Needless to say we blocked this couple. We really feel sorry for the couples they do wind up with.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(111 posts)
PittCouple - they IMed you to tell you that they only meet with attractive people???? That is fricking horrible! It would be nice if people were just courteous - for crying out loud, there is a ready-made no thank you response built right in here, not much more than 1 click......oh well...

We've had some unpleasant and creepy conversations/emails with folks as well, and sometime it takes a couple emails/IMs to get to that point, so for us it has actually really been helpful that we take a lot of time to get to know folks before we meet them and/or do anything else with them. Besides that, our lives are busy, like most people I imagine, and this is not our #1 priority. That being said, we have met some very nice people and have had some very nice times with people we've met through SLS and we expect that we will continue to find and meet with some fun folks here.

Gibsonia PA

Username hidden
(6730 posts)
Just a follow-up to our post last night. We got IM'd by a couple we had shared pics with this morning, and their main reason for contacting us seemed only to be so they could emphasize that they only meet "attractive" people (whatever that means...I mean, we're not Elvis and Priscilla, but we're like to think we're decent for our ages!) and then block us from their profile.

Thank goodness only the male half was online when this happened, as he found it an incredibly rude way of telling someone you weren't interested...I can only imagine what it would have been like to have met this couple in person (who have been members on SLS for a long time, but only have gotten one cert...gee, I wonder why?).

That said, we also heard from two very nice couples (you probably know who you are!) who seem "normal" and the kind we'd definitely like to find out more about.

We just wish uninterested couples would show a little more respect in the way they treat people. :)

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(111 posts)
Emailing others on SLS can be very frustrating. Sometimes people seem offended that you're interested in them, sometimes they send you a "smart ass" remark, sometimes they seem interested and then you'll reply and never hear from them again, and sometimes you're left wondering if they ever read your email since you never heard back at all.

But there are some quality people on SLS...the trouble is finding each other. As far as our area goes, there seems to be roughly three types of couples (or singles): "ordinary" people seriously interested in finding others for longterm friendship and fun; the "clique" people who like meeting others, but only if you look like supermodels and want to have orgies (these, we find are generally the 18 to 35 age group for some reason) and usually just want sex and nothing more, and finally those who may or may not be real, but have no intention of actually meeting...they like flirting and trading pics, but when it comes to actually getting togther, something always comes up. :)

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(111 posts)
For the people who do respond, thank you. I would much rather get a response than not. At least with a response, you are being acknowledged and that there really is a person in that profile. When you keep getting a no response, I start to wonder if the web site is for real or is there something wrong with me that people don't even want to speak with you. As for idiots that start becoming rude, they should be reported and kicked off the site. This web site is about fun people and if people have an attitude, kick them down the road. If you can't be an adult here you don't belong.

Santa Rosa CA

Username hidden
(3 posts)
The exact wording varies but my "Break the Ice" email goes something like: ...Hi, I read Ur profile and think we might be compatible fun. . .Please check out my profile. . .Some word back, Pro or Con, would be appreciated...

I DO read the profiles and avoid incompatible ages. . .Based on their profiles the people I contact are interested in solo males and I judge them to be mature and responsible.

I never get replies back. What's with that.

Foley AL

Username hidden
(15 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   31 to 40 of 63   End
TOPIC: And THIS is why people don't respond to emails