Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS Successful Swinging Finding Playmates hearing back from a couple
TOPIC: hearing back from a couple
GoTo Page: 1 2 ... More 
Start   11 to 20 of 20 
User Details are only visible to members.
There are a few topics you can always find active on at least a few threads of this forum at any given moment in time.

- No pics of men on the profile - Why some couples are girl/girl play only - why people ignore emails

It's just the way it is. One side gives answers all day, the other side rejects them. When it's all said and done, you end up pissed at yourself for spending so much time worrying about something that will never change.

In 3 three years on this site, I can count on about two fingers, the number times I have read something like, "You know, you're right. I was wrong. I've never looked at it that way before", regardless of how clearly you show them to be in the wrong. They will name call, they will try the old "misdirection" move, or they will accuse you of getting defensive, but the one thing they will rarely do, is admit they are wrong. Guard your sanity and let it go.

Orlando FL
Username hidden
(976 posts)
Couples not getting back to you is our pet peeve. We always reply to a respectful e-mail with an answer either way. Always within a day or two. When you see they have read or ignored your mail and have been online every day and get no reply, especially when you ask them to reply either way, it's i just plain rude.

Princeton NJ
Username hidden
(568 posts)
Check your mail history with this couple. Make sure they didn't reply. However unlikely this sounds there is a small glitch that catches now and then. I have a few contacts that never got my message, never got message notification but when you check history the message is there.

Pulaski TN
Username hidden
(507 posts)
Just maybe they had something come up ( business, family ) and just did not have time to get back to you. Yes never getting back is rude, give them another chance you might be in for a lot of fun.

Sparta TN
Username hidden
(284 posts)
Not responding to an email is just rude! It's very easy to say something like "no thx" or "we are just not a match, good luck in your search". We have learned that rude people are just that, rude. You don't want to party with them anyway, your better off. Just keep having fun and move on.

Claremont CA
Username hidden
(1 post)
I guess that coming from experience, that it is hard to tell a couple that you aren't interested without them getting "booty" hurt. Sometimes a no is a personal insult. We try to reply with a respectful answer, but some couples take it very personally.

Amarillo TX
Username hidden
(29 posts)
We also ask others to answer our emails even if the answer is no.

What gets us are the couple who contact us. We exchange a few bland emails about getting together, and then they cease all communication. I guess they change their mind for whatever reason and simply don't want to say anything. But, it sure is interesting to meet them at a lifestyle party and they start hitting on you!!!

Greenville SC
Username hidden
(369 posts)
We try to be good communicators. I think that 98% of the time we have not left folks hanging. But with work, travel, kids, etc... we have read an email and thought, "Oh yeah, soon as we know what our work schedules are for the week after next, we'll email back." And then time gets away from you. The email did not get out.

We also emailed an interesting couple who did not answer. So we sent another email one week later saying that we had emailed a week earlier and were hoping it was just an oversight that they did not answer. We said if they did not answer back on this one, we would assume that they simply were not interested. They came right back to us and apologized for forgeting to answer.

Stranger than the above is that right after we joined SLS a woman from one couple emailed how hot we were and included her phone number. We drove to their town for other reasons and emailed a few times before and even during the trip about getting together. At the last minute they had something come up. After that weekend, we emailed them a couple of times and they never answered. You know... It's real temping to call her number and as what gives. (But we won't.)

So, try again if you get no answer. No answer the second time contains its own answer.

Greenville SC
Username hidden
(369 posts)
If we don't hear back from a couple after two weeks or so, I just make a note that they didn't email us back and we figure that they aren't interested.

Keep in mind, tho that SLS mail is not a real high priority for a lot of people, not to mention that you have no idea what's keeping them from responding.

Honestly, if we met a couple that we thought we really connected with and they didn't respond to our first email after a couple of weeks, I'd probably send a second one (which I *rarely* do if we're "cold calling") just to say that we really enjoyed meeting them, are assuming that they are busy and hope to hear from them when they are going to have a free evening. Heck ~ if you thought it was there, it's worth a second shot, oui? If we didn't get a response to the second one, I'd write it off. Ya never know, tho.

Jackson MS
Username hidden
(494 posts)
mds, if they do not respond after about a week I would take that as a not interested. Don't stress it though, it happens. Just move on :0). BUT they may just be busy. This is a crazy time of the year because of school, fundraisers, athletics and everything else :0).

Username hidden
(23991 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 ... More 
Start   11 to 20 of 20 
TOPIC: hearing back from a couple