10% of all proceeds from purchased memberships will be donated to the victims and families of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas tragedy.

Help
FORUMS › Successful Swinging › Finding Playmates › What percent of couples on sls are real
TOPIC: What_percent_of_couples_on_sls_are_real
Created by: jandact
Original Starting post for this thread:
as in what percent of couples have actually swapped with another couple? We finally got exasperated with people who have no certs so we changed our profile to say if you have no 'real' certs then you have to convince us you are serious. By 'real' certs we mean certs that say 'we met this couple and actually played with them' and not the 'we met so and so at a meet and greet and had a nice chat' variety.

For what it's worth we searched for couples in our area and of the first 200 who came up 55 had certs or 27.5%. We did not look at the actual certs people had to try to figure out how many were 'real' but we are sure that some of those couples have the 'we met and chatted' variety meaning probably closer to 20% of couples here have what we consider 'real' certs. So one out of five couples are serious swingers??? Is that right???

Now we understand some people do not give and accept certs but we doubt that they would change the number very much.

After we get some feedback on this post we are going to suggest to sls that they split certs into two categories with the second being certs that say 'we met and played with this couple.'

Thoughts?

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 13  Next »
1 to 10 of 128
User Details are only visible to members.
We feel that SLS and other sites are just a meeting place for sexual people...whether it is to chat about sex, flirt , hook up and everything in between. We could we play with a couple the first time we meet if the chemistry is there but its unlikely, sometimes comfort levels have to be earned or a quick meeting doesn't give you enough time. What ever the reason doesn't mean your not interested.

It still comes down to communication.....people need to state in their profiles and be clear on what they want and look for. We have the opportunity to review new profiles and the amount of one liners is ridiculous. We will go through a dozen and sometimes only approve one because of lack of information, it just convinces us on the volume of fake profiles of guys screwing up the system.....

Saddle Brook NJ
Username hidden
(356 posts)
actually, i don’t think it is accurate for anyone to say “what this is for”

swinging and related activities mean different things to different people and just as there are infinite personalities, there are infinite varieties/preferences about how to approach these activities

for a LOT of people, it has been my experience that they are, indeed, looking for instant gratification

that ain’t my style, never has been—so there were a lot of “pass” meets because it was clear we were on different pages

and hey, that’s definitely okay. most of the challenges in this little hobby involve finding not only chemistry, but similar mindsets. no condemnation from me for the instant gratification crowd. it’s possible to not agree and still be polite—gracious, even.

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(18188 posts)
RonKathy, Exactly, many want immediate gratification, which is not what this is about.

Hanover MD
Username hidden
(192 posts)
There is a huge need for instant gratification that we just don't understand. I guess that's why we avoid the clubs these days

Westbury NY
Username hidden
(44 posts)
We believe there are a lot of real couples, go to some events,M&G, hotel takeovers and you will see a lot of couples. Unfortunately there are also a lot of single guys posing as a couple with the hopes of just getting laid, they have no sincerity or decency about them.

What makes it difficult to find a couple is the lack of flexibility when it comes to preferences..distance, height, weight, age,hairy,smooth,...etc.... Of coarse everyone is entitled to be in an attractive state to a person they are about to have some kind of sexual play with but has every person you have had sex with been perfect? There is no commitment to having sex with a couple just because you say hello or had a drink with them but so many act this way. We have heard before "We know exactly if we want to have sex with a couple by just checking their profile" Its like saying I'm gonna order a car online with out seeing it or driving it because the reviews said exactly what I wanted. It seems like nobody wants to meet a couple more then once without playing as if time is such a demand or their fantasy has a an expiration date to it so they need to make a fast decision about a couple.

Saddle Brook NJ
Username hidden
(356 posts)
We have found that all or virtually all of the couples on SLS are real, that said they are "real people". Will they actually take their clothes off and actually exchange partners for sex that is an entirely different thing. There are far too many "wannabees" and people acting out their pillow talk fantasies for us. They claim to be experienced, but then get cold feet and confess they have never done this with another couple. We don't give or desire "certs", we judge for ourselves. We almost never meet with singles, this is not a "pick-up" or "date site." Swinging is a partnership, that is swapping partners, one must have a partner to play. It's like going to a poker game and asking to bet with someone else's money.

Hanover MD
Username hidden
(192 posts)
"The only thing which offends me is those who draw a line in the sand and won't accept that in life, there is good, bad, and exceptions."

What does that mean exacrly? I don't really get what you're saying about the "drawing a line on the sand" thing.

Tramp

Alpharetta GA
Username hidden
(6032 posts)
There is a lot of "tude" here, past swingers, swinger wannabes, and all other potential options. The only thing which offends me is those who draw a line in the sand and won't accept that in life, there is good, bad, and exceptions. Chill, loosen up, and enjoy the moment without prejudging. Life is a journey, enjoy It!

Haverhill MA
Username hidden
(475 posts)
I've been wondering this since joining. I'm new to the lifestyle, so it's good to read everyone's replies here. Thanks for sharing.

Miami FL
Username hidden
(2 posts)
The couples I've met are all real. Most do not believe in giving or accepting certs. This does not make them fake. What I find fack is bi men pretended to be straight. I have met and played with several bi men, all without giving or accepting a cert. Everyone's siituation is different, you find something that works you stick with it. I think for the most part SLS has the most real people.

Nokomis FL
Username hidden
(302 posts)
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 13  Next »
1 to 10 of 128
TOPIC: What percent of couples on sls are real
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.