The BLOCK - the best, most unused profile tool : Swingers Discussion 222711
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuccessful SwingingFinding PlaymatesThe BLOCK - the best, most unused profile tool
TOPIC: The BLOCK - the best, most unused profile tool
Created by: AandKForFun
Original Starting post for this thread:
As we had waded through the same 100's of profiles that we had seen almost every other day, with most we had no interest in due to a variety of reasons, we discovered the usefulness of the tool known as "the block".

Once blocked, as far as we can tell, a profile will no longer appear on the variety of "lists" presented to you by SLS. If you see a profile day after day, and you have no interest, simply block, and you will no longer see that profile.

We encourage others to Block us if there is no interest, then we won't see your profile and bother you with emails. In fact, when we send out a first contact email, we typically ask that if you read our email, check out our profile, and do not have an interest, to simply block us and we will move on. Its frustrating to send emails out and have no response....... are they shy?? interested but forgot to reply???? whats the deal??? do we email again?? are we bothing them????

It really does help weed out profiles that you have no interest in. Its nothing personal, its a tool to help narrow down the 100's of profiles shown to you every day.

The only thing that boggles us, is the profiles where we have sent a few emails to, they have been read, but they haven't replied or blocked us.... whats their motive or their thoughts?? (We've come to a strike three rule, three emails with no replies whatsoever and we just block, why bother chasing our tail).

Im sure there are some pitfalls to this technique, but so far it seems to help.

Your thoughts?

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 12   End
User Details are only visible to members.
See the post below!?

They wrote to us. We deleted their post w/o opening after replying to them twice in a period of one week that we aren't interested. They blocked us! Very good, because we now know that we will never hear from them again!

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16299 posts)
It is somewhat annoying when you send an e-mail to a couple & ask for a reply if they're interested in meeting or not. You see that they've read it but they never reply. We always reply politely even to say no thanks. Could be that they're rude, fakes or a no reply means no interest for them. Instead of blocking, we use the no interest feature and in the note section of their profile write: "Never responded".

Princeton NJ
Username hidden
(253 posts)
"more likely they are not really serious about EVER meeting with anyone and by responding it would only reveal the fake-i-tude of their profile.... "

Just because people aren't acting on your requests, does not make them fake.

There are many reasons why people don't respond.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16299 posts)
that is very useful! I don't tend to block people unless they just won't take a hint and quit contacting me. I do however get tired of seeing the same SM's show up, that I'm not interested in, when I do a search. This would solve that problem and might make me more apt to search more often.

PG

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17736 posts)
learned something new also, that is a good way to filter profiles, never really tried it... may apply it in the future.....

but on the other hand, if there is no interest, why let them perv any pics (not that we have anything worthwhile).... we just have a strong feeling that there are a lot of people out there just looking, pic hunters or collectors, fake profiles, etc etc that we just don't want to deal with...

thanks....

Grosse Pointe MI
Username hidden
(429 posts)
wow Mrs LWC you taught me something new today! I love that and it would make searching so much easier, but in a less rude way then blocking.

PG

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17736 posts)
lol

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5387 posts)
regardless, the point being made here is that we understand that people don't want to reply or may not be interested.... THEN BLOCK US....

as I have you.....

Grosse Pointe MI
Username hidden
(429 posts)
"more likely they are not really serious about EVER meeting with anyone and by responding it would only reveal the fake-i-tude of their profile...."

Just because someone chooses to respond to you nor meet you doesn't mean they are fakes and is rather ridiculous assumption.

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5387 posts)
it may be possibly "annoying" to receive a few unwanted emails, its also "annoying" to never receive a response.... they have the easy option, just block us... why wouldn't they?

more likely they are not really serious about EVER meeting with anyone and by responding it would only reveal the fake-i-tude of their profile....

everyone's got their methods of dealing/handling this, this way seems to work well for us....

just block us, it helps on both ends......

Grosse Pointe MI
Username hidden
(429 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 12   End
TOPIC: The BLOCK - the best, most unused profile tool