Mail unread for 6 months : Swingers Discussion 164939
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuccessful SwingingFinding PlaymatesMail unread for 6 months
TOPIC: Mail unread for 6 months
Created by: JackDarlene
Original Starting post for this thread:
I'm trying to get my mind around how mail can sit unread for up to six months when the recipient is on SLS almost daily. Not an isolated occurrence, either, as it happens all too often. Are we being ignored? Is their Inbox defective and they don't know they have mail? Would we be rude to msg them again? Lots of ppl read our msgs and ignore, and we make a Memo to not bother them again. What're we supposed to do for the ppl who don't even read their mail? OPS say there's no prblm with the SLS mail system. Just haven't been able to figure that one out yet. Anyone else seeing that? Do you msg them again, or drop it?

JnD

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 3 of 3 
User Details are only visible to members.
From a technical standpoint, there are a couple of options ~ 1. Occassionally, SLS does lose mail. You send it, it never makes it to the recipients in box.

2. There are a couple of ways to read mail and leave it marked unread. If your mail goes to your personal email box (and therefore for some to your phone) with the full message, the text can be read w/o having to go to your SLS mail box. Also, when you go to your inbox, if you click on "mail history," rather than "Open" you can read it w/o it showing that it was read.

We do the same thing you do w/ read and unresponded mail ~ make a note that they didn't email us back and not bother them again. If mail is marked unread and we see them on a lot, we do the same thing. Occassionally, we'll send an email asking if they received our mail b/c it was marked unread and we all know about the dropping mail issue.

Not everyone is going to respond to their messages. While we almost always do, we certainly understand those that don't. We've nicely told plenty of people no and wound up w/ several more messages asking to meet and once in a blue moon, we'll get a nastygram. Some people just don't want to be bothered w/ that kind of thing and so they don't respond or maybe they just arent' comfortable telling people that they aren't interested. No matter what the reason, we function on the idea that if someone is interested, they'll get back to us. We always do ~ and granted, sometimes it takes a couple of days and at times, it's taken a couple of weeks. It just depends on when we take time to talk about who's mailed us ~ so, while we are on everyday, it doesn't mean that we're both sitting next to each other and discussing if we are interested in someone.

Jackson MS
Username hidden
(494 posts)
We’ve had the same issue as you have. Honestly, sometimes I’ve almost forgotten that I wrote someone until their profile jumps back at me with the same “I’m interested” look, and I realize we attempted to contact them *****days/weeks ago!! It’s actually funny, but we have had the SAME feelings you have. Many other posts have said, “don’t take it personally”, but to us, swinging has always BEEN personal! From our point of view, if the interest bug was re-kindled, I have written them back, a couple of times copying the original note and adding a new first line. On many, my assumption is they weren’t interested, and didn’t even have the common courtesy (very much lacking around here) to say “no thanks”.

We very explicitly say we are not interested in single guys, yet get written to by many anyway. Without exception, I at least wrote back saying no thanks, that’s not what we are into. It only took a couple of minutes, and I sleep better. I have actually had several really nice conversations with them, even though it wouldn’t go any further. For us, this is about friendships as well as sex, but then we’re old and were brought up in a different era!!

Mount Vernon IL
Username hidden
(28 posts)
I'm trying to get my mind around how mail can sit unread for up to six months when the recipient is on SLS almost daily. Not an isolated occurrence, either, as it happens all too often. Are we being ignored? Is their Inbox defective and they don't know they have mail? Would we be rude to msg them again? Lots of ppl read our msgs and ignore, and we make a Memo to not bother them again. What're we supposed to do for the ppl who don't even read their mail? OPS say there's no prblm with the SLS mail system. Just haven't been able to figure that one out yet. Anyone else seeing that? Do you msg them again, or drop it?

JnD

Username hidden
(786 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 3 of 3 
TOPIC: Mail unread for 6 months