Does the profile certifications really influence you : Swingers Discussion 51425
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuccessful SwingingFinding PlaymatesDoes the profile certifications really influence you
TOPIC: Does the profile certifications really influence you
Created by: georgia99991
Original Starting post for this thread:
My question is does certifications really influence you in picking someone to contact? Personally, the couples I've been with just don't certify the people they have been with. Want total discretion I guess. I know we had a good time because I was invited back. Just wondering

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
 1 to 10 of 52   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I believe certs can help, but can be a double edge sword, if you have none some will not play with you, if you have too many they assume your easy and dont want friends. we want fwb, not into just one nighters. we do not always have full swaps with our certs, and we do appreciate certs as long as they are true honest and not asked for. we enjoy meeting and double dating not aleays do we have sexual encounters. we are not cert collectors and dont really like people who are. so i have to say i do read others certs but i really make my choice by profile, and if we will enjoy encounter with like people.

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(2 posts)
Certs are kind of funny - on one hand, they give us an idea that the people are real and what kind of people they have played with before, to know if we might be "up their alley". On the other hand, I've never seen a "these people suck" cert. They are always glowing. One of the first couples we met in the lifestyle didn't keep certs, and explained to us why. Essentially, they didn't want to leave a "trail". They also didn't want people name-dropping - "oh, you know them? well so do we". They wanted to be able to handle each new couple on a case-by-case basis and not have it confounded by past entanglements. We liked this argument, and have stuck with it ever since. We have turned down many certs but it's not for lack of a good time. If someone won't look at us "un-certed", well, that's just too bad.

Columbia SC
Username hidden
(19130 posts)
Yes we check the certs,an since we are knew to the lifestyle an havent had much experence,sometime we find some folks that we would like to contact but they have alot of certs an its very intimadating that we are not as experenced as they are so we just pass them by, so I think it can work both ways for members

Eagle Pass TX
Username hidden
(26 posts)
I don't know if you can use certifications to influence your decision. I have played with more than one free member who was unable to cert me then some people don't agree with using them. So in all people may have meet others but for various reasons they were never certed

Spring Grove IL
Username hidden
(62 posts)
We do use certifications when we are considering to meet a couple or not. But you need to be very cautious if that is the only think you use certifications for. We have seen at least one "couple" who used a separate account to certify themselves. We noticed a few of the pictures on one of the profiles appeared on the other.

We also use the content of a profile to decide. It seems like too many people spend only a few minutes to put together a profile.

In most cases, a profile with no certifications, no pics and little content is probably someone who is playing games....or is just hear to look at pictures.

Just our feelings.

Sod WV
Username hidden
(19 posts)
Yes. I do believe that certs have their place as something important and here's why - If you're looking at a profile of someone you are considering meeting and you think that they sound compatible, and, if you check their certs and the profiles of the individuals who wrote the certifications also sound compatible............. well, there is a real good chance that you have found a good match. It helps to decide who you feel you should contact. It's also a good way to build a circle of friends within those people if all are in fact compatible.

Paramus NJ
Username hidden
(27 posts)
Yes.....Yes.....Tes. As a matter of fact if someone has been on the site for an extended period of time and does not have certs we are quite suspicious.

Also certs are a very good way to get a feeling about the type of experience you might encounter....not perfect but a definitive part of the evaluation process!

Atlanta GA
Username hidden
(149 posts)
We absolutely look at certs. We are not going to open our pics and waste our time writing to someone unless we have a good idea that they are what they claim to be. We have been burned too many times by sick pervs JOing in their basements, getting off on pretending to be a couple. It's annoying.

Certs aren't perfect, but they are better than nothing.

Lineboro Cpo MD
Username hidden
(291 posts)
We don't like to put certs on our profile. We do look at certs if they are on other profiles. They can influence us either way, good or bad. So the answer to the question is, yes.

Kansas City MO
Username hidden
(108 posts)
how we use certs.... if a profile has been around for 4 or 5 yrs and has no certs we feel it is most likely someone just playing games. we don't care who wrote the cert, just that they actually met someone, doesn't matter if they played with them or not. every couple that ever stood us up had no certs and claimed they didn't accept them. just our 2 cents. as for leaving a trail of who you slept with, we've actually slept with less than half our certs, do you know who? no.

sls says..

Certified member, what is that? A certified member is one that another, trusted, member of the site has vouched for, indicating that they personally know this person and that the person is who they say they are. Only Paid members can certify other members.

it doesn't say you played with them

Pottsville PA
Username hidden
(546 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
 1 to 10 of 52   End
TOPIC: Does the profile certifications really influence you