too long winded : Swingers Discussion 65819
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuccessful SwingingBetter Profilestoo long winded
TOPIC: too long winded
Created by: JuicyNYCouple
Original Starting post for this thread:
Recently we've had 2 people make an off hand, but polite comment about the length of our profile.

Curious to get some feed back and any criticism of it.

M and L

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 13   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Tell me, cause ours is long as hell LOL shelly

San Marcos TX
Username hidden
(23995 posts)
I would rather take a while to read a profile than to deal with not enough info. Your is, well, Ii can see it being daunting to the non readers, but isn't that a good thing?

We were contacted by a couple, both physically attractive in their pics, very short profile, we said hello, and they want to chat. They are are incapable of holding up a conversation in chat. It is a shame, but they are either BSing us or slow, If they had a decent profile we may have went another direction but as it is we can assume nothing else than something is wrong. We have chosen to drop them off the contact list, and went invis to them in chat messengers.

Ft Wright KY
Username hidden
(107 posts)
Would much rather read a long winded, detailed profile then click on one that has absolutely NO info! :)

K

Battlefield MO
Username hidden
(8 posts)
I like your profiles-all of them. One thing I noted was that all of you posting had in-depth and detailed profiles. I would tend to think that most of you have better experiences due to the amount of info. in your profiles. This is our first post to the forum......POP..there went our cherry! Our own preference is to skip those profiles that lack pertinent, and basic info. about a person or couple. If we just wanted to F everyone and not know who we were F'ing- we would just hang out at the airport in a trench coat and F the next passerby. So pictures are worth a 1000 words and if you don't have that-then support your argument with some info. otherwise you are probably. being passed over quite a bit. Just our opinion....

Santa Clarita CA
Username hidden
(17 posts)
I get compliments all the time so a long profile is definitely note worthy. LoL!

Fort Worth TX
Username hidden
(8589 posts)
We've always felt that spelling it out all up front does away with the unknowns and wasting each other's time; especially when it comes to initial contact.

Our profile has been long ever since we came here (almost 5yrs!). Some humor, sarcasm and truth cut 99 percent of the BS. As said before, you get the errant email with the same questions you answered in the profile. Which again was said, that they didn't take the time to read. We just feel if they didn't take the time to read it, they're not going to put the time and trouble into meeting.

On the other hand, a profile like ours can backfire too. On several occasions we've had couples say "You guys profile was a lil intimiating" , "we didn't think we were in your league", " we weren't sure how to approach you" and so on...

Port Carbon PA
Username hidden
(7441 posts)
No such thing as a 'too long' profile in my opinion. Too short? yes.. I won't bother to meet anyone that has no pics AND no text in their profile...BUT! I will if it's a couple with some detail on what they want, desire, are looking for, rules, etc... Don't let them people who say you're long winded get you down, they may just not know how to read well,lmao...

Simonton TX
Username hidden
(82 posts)
I LOVE the fact that you actually put thought, and care into creating your profile. I usually won't even consider someone who has only one liners, but then again, I'm not looking for a hookup, and they are. *shrug* Keep the profile, build it more if you feel, it's GREAT!!!!

Bear DE
Username hidden
(160 posts)
Funny... I just posted on another thread about people who are not specific in their profiles. I think your profile is great, Juicy. It lays out who you are, and what you are looking for. What more could someone ask for? If somebody can't take the extra couple of minutes to read a detailed profile, why would you want to meet them?

Garden City NY
Username hidden
(245 posts)
Thanks.

We used to have a much shorter profile, but as time went on we had to continously add to it. We got tired of the same questions or people who are obviously not compatible emailing us. So we figure we'll get as descriptive as possible so as to weed the incompatibles. Unfortunately we still get one or two who fly under the radar .

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(148 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 13   End
TOPIC: too long winded