Wrong pics Inproper wording or what : Swingers Discussion 197855
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuccessful SwingingBetter ProfilesWrong pics Inproper wording or what
TOPIC: Wrong pics Inproper wording or what
Created by: new2wild
Original Starting post for this thread:
Help!!!!! We updated our profile a few weeks ago with what we thought were better pics, and more info. Now we our starting to wonder. If someone could please look at it and give us some sugestions on what we did wrong, and what if anything we did right. Thanks M&S.

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
User Details are only visible to members.
No need for a thread of my own. I wasn't asking for a review...I was just replying to and agreeing with what the OP had said. Just throwing in my 2 cents if you will. Thank you though for your comments.

Peachland NC
Username hidden
(8 posts)
New2wild-

I noticed a few spelling and punctuation errors, at the very least you should use the free spell checkers on SLS -- it would have caught "turnon" when you meant "turn on". Unfortunately, the site doesn't have a punctuation check button...yet...so it won't tell you to add a comma between married and clean. On commas, remove the one between "D,D" or try spelling out "drug, disease" instead.

You say "Drama free" yet you've made your closing paragraph scream drama with that "warning". As noted in other threads, best to simply delete it.

Read your second section. Does that sound like you? Are you really wanting to leave me with the impression of you being nothing but bi, boobs, butt and belly? And barely more than drivers license info for him? Don't either of you have a sense of humor? Are you fun to be around? Give your readers more than the absolute basics, your goal is to have them interested in meeting and potentially playing with you. On the note of basics, you can leave your h/w stats out of the body, they are listed elsewhere on the profile.

One negative comment that you ought correct promptly, rewrite or (preferably) remove the multiple "look elsewhere" comments in your profile. As I see it, you make no bones about telling people you have a billy and a family, enough said. :)

On pictures, you might also want to get rid of the "If you are not here to swap pics," comment. You control if others see your private pics, even if they beg to see them... As for public pictures, perhaps cut back on the breast shots (after you've posted them in our faces once, what's the point?) and add at least one more of him to give things more of a "we're a couple" feel.

Good luck, Mrs TF3

Saint Paul MN
Username hidden
(475 posts)
Landshark69-

You might want a full-on review of your profile in a thread of your own. However, after a quick glance, two "improvement areas" stood out in your profile:

1) Your first section is packed full of fluff about you taking a break, finding what you want after attending a house party, etc. ad nauseum, with little about what you seek in others. Not the section for "you" stuff...instead, focus the first section on others.

2) Your last section screams drama. As discussed in several other threads, those "warnings" are pointless. You would do yourself a huge favor by losing it and moving much of your current first section to the last section.

Good luck, Mrs TF3

Saint Paul MN
Username hidden
(475 posts)
I'm with you New...we re-did our profile and are not getting nearly the hits we were before. We were even on a break for over 2 months...with our profile stating that and we got more hits on our break than we do now lol! Go figure...

Peachland NC
Username hidden
(8 posts)
Our profile fits us pretty well for now. Funny you should mention someone not on sls as we have a possability. I will post about it in the finding playmates section as it is a interesting situation. Thanks agian.

Dover TN
Username hidden
(31 posts)
new2wild, you need to ask yourselves whether the old profile reflected your wants, needs and desires, and whether it was attracting the kind of people you hoped to meet. If it did, then go back to the old style. If what you have now is more representative of your lifestyle choices, then just be patient. Have no doubt that there are people with similar interests. Decide whether you are looking for quality or quantity. Continue going to meet 'n greets and parties to introduce yourselves to others, because you may find the right person or couple there who doesn't use SLS to find playmates.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(8819 posts)
Thank you both, We know it is not easy to find the right match. However lately we haven't gotten any mail and I guess we were just starting to feel lost in the crowd.

Dover TN
Username hidden
(31 posts)
Good job! You made some nice improvements.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(8819 posts)
Thanks, Hopefully it reads nicer now and still makes our points. We just could not see that we were not being as inviting as we could be. Thanks for the welcome also. Hopefully we can get the input and information here to get the most from our profile and encounters. Thank you M&S

Dover TN
Username hidden
(31 posts)
First, new2wild, let me welcome you to the Forums! You will find a lot of good information here and some fun people. Always feel free to chime in when something inspires you.

I looked over our profile and didn't find a whole lot to change, but do have a few comments. The first 2 sentences come across as pretty hostile rather than friendly. None of us wants to get caught up with insane, pushy or rude people or in someone else's drama, and to me (just my opinion, mind you) your opening lines are extremely negative. Consider putting in a line about wanting to meet the person/people face-to-face first at a bar (but don't drink too much so you keep your wits about you), coffee, or out for a meal, with no expectation of taking it further. That way everyone can get to know one another and you will be able to eliminate most of the ones who are pushy, rude, insane, and drama kings/queens. It IS worthwhile to put in that you aren't interested in online chatting and pic swapping because some people are into that. You also spelled flirting wrong in the first paragraph.

Otherwise, I think your profile looks fine. I like the "four play" idea! Good luck, and read up on other ideas about meeting people in the forums. There really is a lot of good advice here from a nice community.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(8819 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
TOPIC: Wrong pics Inproper wording or what