Too much emphasis on certs yes or no : Swingers Discussion 2078411011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuccessful SwingingBetter ProfilesToo much emphasis on certs yes or no
TOPIC: Too much emphasis on certs yes or no
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 22   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"I read and place value on certs and have given certs, but honestly do not want any...perhaps I am a hypocrite...but as stated earlier...its just a notch on the bed post and regardless of where you are, the old standard still applies...I feel its nobodies business whose in my bed or whose bed I am in. "

So if you don't accept certs but give them to others you are in fact sharing your business of whose bed you've been in....the Cert carries your name and if they think like you do that a cert implies you've head sex with them I'd say you're defeating your purpose to remain "private" .

I myself enjoy following the "trail" of the cert I am reading, who else has certed them and who certs the certs....makes for a mighty interesting circle lol

That being said just because I've certed someone doesn't mean we engaged in sex and I don't think many people would be able to tell based on our certs who we are intimate with and who we are just great friends with.....and THAT is how we like it. Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5351 posts)
"We need to justify not broadcasting who we've played with? Says who? I must have missed that rule."

Certs will reveal who you've played with. No doubt about it. Are you ashamed of them? If you don't accept certs, no one will know. No rule about it. But there's no rule that we have to take serious people who don't have any references (certs). What's the goal here; meeting people you can connect with and having some private fun together. Anything you can do to improve your "odds" will allow for more encounters. For those that don't know squat about you and all your wonderful qualities and won't get to meet you any other way, certs play a part. So do pictures and some well written words. If you skip profiles altogether and just meet people at parties or events, who cares? I look at it like looking for a job. You have to get the interview face to face and then each party can "sell" themselves. If we were betting people, those that have certs compared to those without any are probably "real" and more likely people we can trust to meet.

Southington CT
Username hidden
(326 posts)
To us it isn't of how many certs unless they (sm/cpl) have NO certs. It may not be terminal, but NO certs means to me that no one felt like this member was special. Especially in the case of single guys. No certs is a strike in our 5 strikes and you're out policy. We ran across a profile the other day with 43 certs. That says something as well.

Curt n Jane

Pasadena CA
Username hidden
(180 posts)
We need to justify not broadcasting who we've played with? Says who? I must have missed that rule.

Modesto CA
Username hidden
(134 posts)
You need to justify not having ANY certs if you've been on here a long time. It's not who YOU think you are, it's how WE think you are and if you're worth meeting. If you go to parties a lot you'll meet people face to face and you'll get action that way. No certs are needed. But if you've been really playing with people who think you're pretty cool, why not have a few certs from them? Profiles, pics, and certs are only ways to get to meet people. If you go to the local sex club, you don't even need to be online nor be a member. Figure out what works for you and if you're if you're getting all the sex you want, you've got a winning formula.

Southington CT
Username hidden
(326 posts)
We don't put a lot of stock in certifications. Way too easy to fake.

We used to have some, but they went away as people left the LS and deleted profiles. It's not something you can control, unless you go about begging people to certify you, which is something we would never do. If a profile has certs, we will take a look, but if not we really don't think much of it.

I do think it's funny to see a profile that states something along the lines of "Discretion and privacy is a must!" but then they have 20 certs, all talking about how good they fuck. Doesn't sound very discrete to me.

Modesto CA
Username hidden
(134 posts)
The use of certs in vetting a single guy has been valuable to us. We do Parties, clubs, and connections through this site, and still we find the lifestyle a little circular. I am surprised at how many times a single guy with certs has spent time with people we know.

Pasadena CA
Username hidden
(180 posts)
Livewire, Def my bad, personal attacks have no place here, and rereading my post, it looks like I crossed the line. Please try to accept that if someone has certs, they aren't necessarily bedpost notchers or showing off their promiscuity. Nor do certs indicate if you're a slut or even if you're good in bed or not. The only purpose of a cert is to show that you are real, you represent what is described in your profile, and that you actually meet with others. If you can read anything else into them that is up to you.

Virginia Beach VA
Username hidden
(313 posts)
Seriously, certs are second only to pics when we're screening profiles. Pass those two tests and we will read your profile.

Virginia Beach VA
Username hidden
(313 posts)
Certs also verify you're a couple not some freak ass single droid hitting up couples under the pretense of playing.

We're pretty selective about what certs we accept so anything over the top or of a sexual nature will not be accepted. We also rarely give certs, if we gave someone a cert it is because they are above the norm, both their character and behavior exemplify what the lifestyle represents but more importantly that their profile was a true reflection of them both in personality and physical description.

Certs for us are just another in a series of tools we use to weed out the masses. Not having certs isn't a deal breaker and sometimes the certs you have are definitely a deal breaker. I am a firm believer that the one should use whatever "tools" available to be as assured as possible that no one is wasting time meeting another.

When it comes to "couples" or "single " men the IM feature (which we hardly use) is a great tool. If you really want to know something about a stranger never admit you are the male half responding. You'd be amazed at what comes out of their mouths when they believe it is the female half of the couple they are speaking to. In less than 2 minutes that "hi how are you" is turned into "can I see your tits ? How about you and I meet alone ?" etc etc.

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5351 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   11 to 20 of 22   End
TOPIC: Too much emphasis on certs yes or no