This will either work great OR scare the shit outta people Your opinion : Swingers Discussion 208187101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSSuccessful SwingingBetter ProfilesThis will either work great OR scare the shit outta people Your opinion
TOPIC: This will either work great OR scare the shit outta people Your opinion
Created by: newbeginnings76
Original Starting post for this thread:
So I rewrote our profile without the wife. I get a laugh out of it.

That may or may not be a good thing. My humor can be deviant (go figure) Sometimes others don't appreciate it.

Is it unique (in a good way) interesting and at least kind of funny? Would you want to meet us based on this? Or is this a really, REALLY bad idea? Am I trying too hard?

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
User Details are only visible to members.
OK, We took a look at your profile and the messages there come though loud and clear. The only mild turn off to us would be what we would class as the "Coarser" terms used. There is a time and place for those but when in a profile they just seem to set a tone. Not a rule out for most people however since you are definitive with the concept that they are used for. Even the topic header ...or scare the shit... seems to pigeonhole you in a way. That message could be "Spun" differently. This is just a commentary from us and by no means intended to be condemnatory, yet for your consideration only. K & W

North Kingstown RI
Username hidden
(18 posts)
I really enjoyed your profile and love the slightly edgy humor. As a (failed) beekeeper I really appreciated the quip about how the wife challenges you! We may be the exception to the rule though, as our profile is a bit edgy as well. My only critique is that you detail your interesting hobbies but not the wife's. We've asked for input on our profile as well so you're welcome to give us your feedback! - The Hers half of the equation, also a cheesemaker.

Royal Oak MI
Username hidden
(32 posts)
@new - I re-read the profile. Great job! Now it sounds more like 2 people had a part in it. Best of luck to you guys!

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(594 posts)
Thanks everyone for your honesty and help. We sat down and rewrote it together this time. It sounds more like what we are looking for rather than what will get the most hits. Quality over quantity. It's long, but so what? We want people who can read, have longer attention spans and want to get to know us for more than 20 minutes. It takes all kinds, right?

Wish us luck.

Chicago Heights IL
Username hidden
(12 posts)
I vote for a long profile if it is well written and gives you a sense of the person or persons who wrote it. I believe the attention and time put into a profile is a direct reflection of ones desire and sincerity to be in the lifestyle. Understandable words are difficult for some and many don't want to "brag" per say. It is a fine line we all tread when we write about ourselves. 8 sentences and one of the being "I am outgoing with a sense of humor" indicates to me you probably do not have humor and may very well be awkward in a social setting with complete strangers. The more you write the more I know about you , all kinds of hints, red flags and quirks can be revealed when studying a profile.....what they say as well as what it not said. Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5501 posts)
@mrssav - I know what you mean. :)

@total babe - Exactly. LOL Sorry... Mr Wanna tends to write in long, run-on sentences that go off in strange directions, so I'm constantly editing things! You're right, I would much rather read a long, interesting, well written profile than those profiles that are barely 3 sentences.

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(594 posts)
Please oh please no more profile with He says about her and She says about him....personal pet peeve...carry on lol.

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5501 posts)
@ new - I liked your profile! :) Fun read. You will definitely be contacted by people who *get* your sense of humor...which is what you want, right?

Just a few things:

1. A tad bit long. I like your style of writing and humor, but trimming a bit wouldn't hurt.

2. I could tell the profile was written by you (the Mr) which is fine, but I know for us, when we are looking for potential play partners, I like to read profiles that are a bit more "balanced". It's hard to describe, but I know when I read it. It's where it seems that both the Mr and the Mrs had equal say in what and how things are written. When a profile is written mainly from 1 person's POV, a tiny little subliminal red flag pops up in my mind and I think that the couple is not equally playing...and that usually means the woman is not 100% into it.

That's probably not how you see your profile and that's totally ok, but...I just wanted to be honest and say what I thought....because you asked. :)

And...THANK YOU for being grammatically correct and using punctuation!

Best of luck to you guys here on SLS!

Lahaina HI
Username hidden
(594 posts)
Thanks, I do need to show this to her, I think she'll be cool with it though. What we are looking for hasn't changed much, just how we present it. I'm the more creative writer of the two of us so she lets me write. I got this idea from a few funny/different profiles that stuck out in our search. One of them had the tag line, "Not our dog you won't!" We both laughed. She'll probably see the changes when she logs in tomorrow to check the mail here.

I took out a couple of axe murderers, kept two. Kept the "whatever people are comfortable with" line. We could use a conversation starter!

In other good news, we have been contacted by a few promising couples.

Chicago Heights IL
Username hidden
(12 posts)
Simply? It's going to attract the type you are hoping to meet. Sure it will turn off a few . amuse some, annoy others. Does it really matter if what you are looking for are fun, playful sex and some friends with like minded people? I am personal attracted to humor and was most amused. Our profile is blunt in it's own way too, some like it , others whine it's too long, others think there's is something "wrong" with us because we don't make demands for long "courtships" . In the big picture what matters is we're as successful as we want to be and that is due in part to the fact we used our profile to truly express who we are and what we want. If it eases your fears , look at it this way most people seem to not bother reading them anyways ;) Good Luck,

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5501 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 11   End
TOPIC: This will either work great OR scare the shit outta people Your opinion